Which offline/online retailer do you find deals at the most?

Where indeed....  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Which physical store do you find deals at the most?

• Wal-Mart
    • Target
    • Kmart
    • Toys R Us
    • Lego Store
    • Argos
    • Tesco
    • Smyths
    • Shopko
    • Meijer
  2. 2. Which online store do you find deals at the most?

• Wal-Mart
    • Target
    • Kmart
    • Toys R Us
    • Lego Shop-at-Home
    • Amazon
    • Argos
    • Tesco
    • Smyths
    • Shopko
    • Meijer

I would have liked to added these last options onto the other clearance thread but there is only room for three questions per poll so I had to create another just for these. I only tried listing the main stores and websites but if I am missing some good ones, please let me know.

I can add major retailers from different regions since not everyone has access to certain stores.

Well, I'm definately not surprised to see Amazon at the top of the list for online deals but in regards to a physical store, I guess from personal experience I'm a little stunned to see Walmart as number one. For me that retailer hasn't been consistent with their deals or great with the few random discounts they do have. Granted I have found some good deals at Walmart here and there but so far Target has been more reliable lately from my perspective but that could change one of these days perhaps.

Course if Walmart were to implement online pricematching the same way Target does, they would get way more of my business for certain.

Honestly, and this is tough to say, I buy more from TRU than about anywhere else (Ebay is far my number 1).

When they do BOGOs, there is always something in store that didn't get marked up = profit.

I have gotten 4 Falcons from there on BOGO and in store the manager is a badass and let's me use any coupons I get.

Lesson: Get the TRU credit Card. The rewards are 4%, but more importantly they send you coupons and I have noticed if you pay with your TRU card, they will let you stack some of them.

I get BOGO with a $25 off $125 sale quite a bit. That works out well on stuff like the Falcon.

• 2 weeks later...

Walmart takes the cake of physical retailer with discounts with Target following behind, and Amazon is almost unanimously number one for online sales. Seeing Toys R Us have some votes is a little surprising but much like Kmart and others, I guess certain people have better luck with them or know how to work the system to their advantage.

• 6 months later...

I have gotten some crazy deals at Walmart:

Unexpected Gathering for $15

Family House for $30

Some Galaxy Squad stuff for about 80% off.

Online I just like Target the best...their BOGO's are good and the red card/free shipping makes it the first place I look.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been looking at some of the deals at Meijer. I think I may have to start shopping there. The closest one seems to be a few hundred miles away in Ohio. I'm in Ma, so it will have to be on- line. I always see members posting great buys, though most of them seem to be in store.

I would have vote for an other store than Toys R Us (physical) but it's the only one listed that is available in my country... lol

But I did get there some ninjago 9450 (white dragon) for 50% RRP so that's not so bad. :)

For online stores, amazon is the best overall (nice deals all year).

• 1 year later...
On August 20, 2013 at 2:36 PM, Anakinisvader said:

What about the Flea Market?  It's a major retailer too.  :turned:

Did somebody say flea market. I bought Lego mindstorm 8527. 100% complete almost brand new. The guy who sold it to me bought it for their kids and couldn't figure out how to play with it, so they just store it in the garage. He say he was moving out of state and was selling a lot of stuff. I ask him how much he say $6.00 bucks. It was in a plastic container. $6.00 bucks that's a great deal. 

• Like 1