Pick-a-Brick thread

Guest eightbrick

11 hours ago, Phil B said:

I use BrickStock to prepare my uploads .... my software exports/imports using BSX format - and BrickStock allows me to go straight into BL to upload the inventory from that BSX. So no need to codify anything - however, internally I use a key consisting of (BL Part ID, BL Type ID, Color ID, Condition ID) to differentiate pieces.

Just be aware that your key is not unique.  BL has been known to change part IDs after they already exist.  Also you could have two lots (unintentionally) in your store with the same key.  Better to use the lotid (after a lot already exists).  You can do lots of cool stuff with their API once you figure out how to get OAUTH working.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DadsAFOL said:

Just be aware that your key is not unique.  BL has been known to change part IDs after they already exist.  Also you could have two lots (unintentionally) in your store with the same key.  Better to use the lotid (after a lot already exists).  You can do lots of cool stuff with their API once you figure out how to get OAUTH working.

Thanks for the tips. I guess I will cross that bridge once a scenario arises that forces me to change ... I'm not doing a 1-on-1 tie-in with BL, but rather use my software to keep track of purchase cost per piece and stuff like that. Will keep my eyes open for those part ID changes.

19 hours ago, jonnyhanukkah said:

Has anyone been to the PAB walls in either NYC store? I plan on stopping by the flatiron store for the first time ever and wanted to get an idea of what to expect at their PAB wall. Is it a better selection than other stores or does it generally run the same?

If you read up about 10 posts you'll find this little gem.... 

On July 5, 2016 at 9:07 AM, justapilgrim said:

don't know if updated, but I use this before making a trip (I don't live near a store)

http://wallofbricks.com/

Super cool little tool, might be worth a look here first! 

Super cool little tool, might be worth a look here first! 

Thanks! That's suuuuper helpful!!!! Especially the part where he says he's not sure if it's been updated recently (here's a hint, it hasn't)!!!!!!

Also, it'd be swell if someone on the board went to either NYC store and could offer some direct insight so I figured I'd ask, seeing as how this is a forum where we all talk about Lego.

3cc798f42349a7c862b85b335d27ce33.png

CT PAB update: 7/6/2016

If anyone wants info on CT, Hartford and Danbury stores:

Hartford had sand green 1x1 brick and 1x2 plate, though not super plentiful (got my fill so didn't ask on back room supply).

Danbury NO sand green on wall. Maybe call ahead, not my closest store so likely won't check again.

fwiw: wallofbricks not up to date for my area, if info is posted here don't think I want to put time into contributing there.