Minifigure Identification & Valuation Thread

Fcbarcelona101

Question

Guest eightbrick

once the new DK book comes out in Sept end, it should help a lot, I hope.

I hope so but I'm doubtful. The previous minfigure book by DK (included in the Lego book package) wasn't by any means a complete catalog of minifigures, it just showed a couple from each theme.

I hope so but I'm doubtful. The previous minfigure book by DK (included in the Lego book package) wasn't by any means a complete catalog of minifigures, it just showed a couple from each theme.

Exactly. I have that book, and I never use it for reference when I am trying to find a minifigure. The best minifigure reference that I can think of is the Star Wars character encyclopedia. That had most of the minifigures from the Star Wars theme, but it did not show a lot of the minifigure variants.   

Perhaps we can organize this better.....5 in a row, 3 rows? Numbered to 15 left to right, then down. Might make it easier to identify which we are talking about. My lot seems to be from early 2k as we identified some sponge bob...and the 3 headed potter dog from that era.

Thanks!

Edit....those pictures are horrible...I'll try again tomorrow....

post-14194-0-88097700-1378169386_thumb.j

post-14194-0-76530800-1378170421_thumb.j

Guest betsy805

Perhaps we can organize this better.....5 in a row, 3 rows? Numbered to 15 left to right, then down. Might make it easier to identify which we are talking about. My lot seems to be from early 2k as we identified some sponge bob...and the 3 headed potter dog from that era.

Thanks!

Edit....those pictures are horrible...I'll try again tomorrow....

8th one is the witch from fright nights, set 6087 is one of her sets.  10th torso is Dr. Charles lightening from the adventurers line, head on the 9th one is also from adventurers, Lord Sam Sinister...they're both in 7419.  Those are some seriously mixed up minifigures!  

Guest betsy805

8th one is the witch from fright nights, set 6087 is one of her sets.  10th torso is Dr. Charles lightening from the adventurers line, head on the 9th one is also from adventurers, Lord Sam Sinister...they're both in 7419.  Those are some seriously mixed up minifigures!  

2nd is clone pilot http://www.brickset.com/minifigs/?m=sw118

5th torso is a fright knight 1.  This is like a quiz!

Guest eightbrick

Ugh sorry I got sidetracked with a little project I was working on (custom Banksy-style phone shell painting) and now it's getting late. I'll try my best to get back to you guys ASAP, most likely tomorrow. Good on betsy805 for getting the ball rolling!

Guest eightbrick

So FCB... I'm still working on the big pictures (won't finish today there are a lot :P ) but that white guy on the left in the earlier pic is the speed racer dude without his helmet.

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?M=sr008

sr008.jpg

Worth $2.90 used

As for willy... do you want to know every piece and how much it is worth? They are all mixed up beyond saving but I could fill in what betsy left in if you want. I'd say sell them as a lot, there isn't anything of value there.

Thanks folks! They are mixed beyond belief. I'll take a bunch of photos of all the torsos tomorrow and post. If nobody sees any obvious value.....to ebay with the lot! I bought 50 pounds of bulk Friday...and the figures in that lot are worse! Who the hell swaps left an right legs and arms! Agh!

While I have you detectives' eyes.....ever seen a double tall green baseplate with a springloaded center feature that looks like a toilet...and you can launch things from it? This lot has so many things Ive never seen before. Going to have to post a lot of help wanted pics!

Brothers Mack...can we please get detective badges for these awesome sleuthing members....perhaps for the ebay scam folks as well? These folks go above and beyond helping us! It is much appreciated!

Guest eightbrick

Thanks folks! They are mixed beyond belief. I'll take a bunch of photos of all the torsos tomorrow and post. If nobody sees any obvious value.....to ebay with the lot! I bought 50 pounds of bulk Friday...and the figures in that lot are worse! Who the hell swaps left an right legs and arms! Agh!

While I have you detectives' eyes.....ever seen a double tall green baseplate with a springloaded center feature that looks like a toilet...and you can launch things from it? This lot has so many things Ive never seen before. Going to have to post a lot of help wanted pics!

Brothers Mack...can we please get detective badges for these awesome sleuthing members....perhaps for the ebay scam folks as well? These folks go above and beyond helping us! It is much appreciated!

The green springing thing you said might be the soccer set baseplates. Does it look like this?

mV36A.jpg

White piece:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=30488c01

Green Base

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=30492

You folks are incredible! That is exactly what it is. More junk unfortunately. One of these craigslist lots will pay off for me...on of these days. This one was horrible. Stinks, dirty, sticky, megablocks, other toys and junk, ferret poop, hand painted bricks an minifigs..no 4x2 gray plate? Cut down an 8x2! So many broken pieces---it's a mess. I need to way the lot and repost it for sale again. It's drying right now...tomorrow I'll sort to see if anything of value...not counting on it. At all. I wouldn be surprised if it's 80 pounds or more...so much lego! She didn't estimate weight....I guessed when I got there.. with 50....but I have no idea....it was heavier than I thought carrying it into my house an filling my tub!

Guest eightbrick

First of all, very sorry for taking so long. The first week of September is pretty draining emotionally and physically for students, and I just haven't been able to get to it. Anyway, I've decided to go through FCB's lot row by row (left to right), identifying the non-mixed figures. This time I'm going to do it a bit differently, I'm going to try to acknowledge every figure, not just a couple important ones. However, a****** -unidentified- tag means that figure is really mixed up or I couldn't identify it. As usual, next to the figure is the Bricklink average price for the past used sales. I'm going to tackle this row by row as I have time, again, I'm really sorry for taking so long. Also my bad for the large number of unidentified tags, a lot of the figues are mismatched so I'll do those later. Sorry.  :sorry:

Row 1:

Dementor (missing black hood and stand http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?M=hp101) $6.39

Knight's Kingdom Robber $2.15

Mike (Adventurers - missing brown cap http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?M=adv014) $1.63

Prisoner, Missing Tooth $1.90

-unidentified- (missing arm)

-unidentified- (looks like a mix of some 1980ish era castle figures)

-unidentified- (hoth trooper torso)

Police Officer (missing white hat) $1.08

Spyrius Trooper $1.27

-unidentified-

-unidentified-

-unidentified-

-unidentified- (a generic town dude, I might go back and check for him later)

Nute Gunray (missing his gray hat: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?M=sw242) $2.55

Axel Trans Lime Visor (Rock Raiders) $1.38

-unidentified- (I'm seeing a space police 3 torso, atlantis legs, and a power miners helmet. Man, this guy mixes too much)

Fedora Hero (Dino - missing his dark tan fedora) $3.86

Police Officer (missing white hat) $1.08

-unidentified- (generic town dude)

-unidentified- (that looks like a black knight's shield emblem but I couldn't find a minifigure with that face and the shield)

Statistics for Row 1:

Number of Figures: 20 (10 identified)

Identified Figures Subtotal: $23.29

Estimated Value of Unidentified Figures Subtotal: 10 @ $1.50 = $15.00

Estimated Row 1 Value Total: $38.29

Now I recall from my childhood where the head part from the bottom left hand corner came from.

3626bpx157.jpg

It was used for two different minifigures and seven sets between Unitron and Roboforce.

Max Villano from Adventurers: Jungle in the bottom right hand corner.

adv012.jpg

I still can't remember which character had that blue jacket in the top right. I know I have it somewhere but where? :scratchhead:

And only one character has the rebel pilot helmet in brown; Ten Numb.

sw153.jpg

He was in the 2008 version of the B-wing Starfighter.