Polybags - general discussion

Any polybaggers around here?  

362 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a polybag collector?

• I am a serious polybag collector and must have at least one for my personal collection.
    • I am a casual polybag collector and only buy what I like.
    • I do not collect polybags.
  2. 2. Do you invest in polybags?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends

February 2016 Polybag Availability Update

Original Post:

Sorry if there's a post like this already. I searched but polybag comes up in so many threads its hard to see! I was thinking of getting polybags to sell. I'm not really looking for huge profit, mostly it seemed like a good idea for building up my eBay feedback. So I don't need to be super profitable but of course I don't want to lose money with shipping, etc. How do you know what bags will do well (obviously like anything theres no sure thing but any idea what does decent vs what js pretty much always a flop). They are hard to search for since they are random. How long do they usually last? Is there any general tips you could give?

The better polybags seem to be ones that are not common or hard to get in the first place and these don't stay on shelves for long at all. Then you also have ones people would like more than one of to build their army of whatever it may be (Uruk-hai polybag always springs to mind).

• Like 1

I know polybags are sporadically dispersed throughout some Wal-marts and some Targets. But I'd like to know if there is somewhere (ideally online) where you can find a lot of polybags at retail (rather than Ebay markup). Specifically, I'm looking for all the Legends of Chima polybags, but so far I've only found Winzar and Ewar.... I have no idea where to find the other ones, any help would be appreciated.

Are you looking for personal use or resale? I can sell you most of the Chima ones directly if you like...some of them are becoming hard to find retail. PM me if you're interested....others will vouch that I'll offer a fair deal. Mods if this breaks some rule please forgive me...

I have a few questions for you experienced sellers. I came across a great deal on several Friends 30108 Summer Picnic poly bags. I have never sold any poly bags before. First, I looked at ebay and they seem to be quite a lot of them for sale. So it seems many people are getting them at a good price. I would make a nice profit if I sold them for $4 each. So should I go ahead and list them now? Or if I wait is it likely that their value will go up? Is it better to sell them in lots of 5 or 10 or just one at a time. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks all!

You can go to this thread to find out most of the info you are looking for.

To quote what TOK said

The better polybags seem to be ones that are not common or hard to get in the first place, and these don't stay on shelves for long at all. Then you also have ones people would like more than one of to build their army of whatever it may be (Uruk-hai polybag always springs to mind).

Now you can't really make an army out of Friends polybags, but the other advice is definitely applicable here. If I were you, I would hold. I think these have room to grow, and they don't take up a large amount of funds nor a large amount of space. The 2 investor golden words!

I said something useful? Hooray!

Anywho, I would suggest to hold that Friends polybag. They were released very recently and could use some time to mature like wine as an investment. That particular ones odd and limited availability will most certainly help in the end, plus being from the Friends theme helps too. My small portfolio of Friends sets is looking pretty good!

I have a few questions for you experienced sellers. I came across a great deal on several Friends 30108 Summer Picnic poly bags. I have never sold any poly bags before. First, I looked at ebay and they seem to be quite a lot of them for sale. So it seems many people are getting them at a good price. I would make a nice profit if I sold them for $4 each. So should I go ahead and list them now? Or if I wait is it likely that their value will go up? Is it better to sell them in lots of 5 or 10 or just one at a time. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks all!

May I ask what price you bought these at if $4 after fees (assuming eBay) earns a nice profit? Are you planning to charge separately for shipping?

I agree with other though...give this one time to mature. Later this year you'll easily get $10-$12 for it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! My question is, some polybags obviously come creased and with a few niks on them, do you think this would be a problem when re-selling them? The people I bought them from listed them as new and unopened. They seem to sell under those words.

It's never been an issue for me. I think in general people here worry more about condition of boxes and polybags than do the end users who are buying these things. Always be honest in listings about condition and you won't have an issue.

Unless the bag itself is cut or torn open, I wouldn't worry. Polybags are pretty resiliant and can handle quite a bit. Plus nobody cares much about their condition so long as the bag is still sealed throughout. Even under best conditions, any polybag can get creases just from handling or sitting there in storage.

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone collect Lego Poly Bags?
Does anyone collect Lego exclusives (comic-con, star wars CVI, etc.,).

I have most of the lego mini-fig poly bags, chrome darth vader, chrome stormtrooper, white boba fett, shadow arf trooper, tc-14, darth maul, and the recent hoth han solo.  Are there more lego mini-fig poly bags out there?

And besides the 3 lego tins (darth maul, luke skywalker, and boba fett) from comic-con and Star Wars CVI, are there more items like these to collect?

Just wondering...

Also interested in other mini-fig poly bags like Super Heroes.

Thanks,
-LegoMyEggos

Do you know any other exclusives like comic con etc., for Star Wars and Super Hero sets?

I have most if not all the poly bags from those sets.  Or at least i think...

And does anyone know if the values on these will go up or down in the future?

5 years from now will my collection of the 3 tins be worth anything?

Yes they are very collectible. Most of the sets you speak of should be in the price guide if not do a quick search on eBay to see what the market values are.

see 0.00 on the price guide for these tins...ebay sells them from $100-300...and someone is actually selling all 3 for $658...wonder how much these will be in 5 years?

Which exclusives do you have?

If you give it a while the prices in the guide will show up. The guide uses average sold prices from eBay. But it takes a while to get a good amount of sales so we can get a good average. I am personally not into the minifigs and exclusives that you speak of so I don't really have any. I have been to a few SDCCs but never got my hands on any tins or anything like that. Ed Mack is the one to talk to about those kind of sets, he loves them and probably has every one ever made!