• Crusaders
    • Black Knights
    • Wolfpack
    • Dragon Masters
    • Royal Knights
    • Fright Knights
    • Lions (Knights Kingdom I)
    • Bulls (Knights Kingdom I)
    • Shadow Knights / Rogue Knights (Knights Kingdom II)
    • Vikings
    • Crown Knights (Fantasy Era)
    • Skeletons (Fantasy Era)
    • Trolls / Orcs (Fantasy Era)
    • Lion Knights (Kingdoms)
    • Dragon Knights (Kingdoms)
    • King's Knights (Castle)
    • Dragon Knights (Castle)
  2. 2. Would you like to see old factions return in new sets?

• Yes
    • No

My favorite castle/kingdoms set is 7036 The Dwarves Mine because I really like dwarves and this is the first time that we had a mine(at least that's what I think.)

That one does look cool. The fantasy era stuff is pretty cool. Honestly I really like the old Ninja stuff and I really want to get my hands on the Viking fortress and the viking ship.

The yellow castle 375/6075.  Came with about 12 minifigures and cost $50.  Was this the best design? No.  Was the color really odd? Yes.  But I probably spent over 100 hours playing with it.  

The Market Village and Kingdoms Joust were great builds, but since I am in my 30's now, they don't evoke those special feelings like good ole Yellow Castle does. 

• Like 1

I badly wanted a 6080 being a kid :)  

Then I was out of LEGO for a long time, and just came back this year.  No surprise, first big set I bought was a 7946 castle.  Looking forward to get a 10223 Kingdoms Joust to add to it.   I'm more into realistic style then fantasy, so I'm curious to see what will be issued in this new Castle line - will it be some village or town scene?  I hope there will be another big set, kinda like Medieval Market or Kingdoms Joust. 

I like Mill Village Raid, Medieval market and Hagrids Hut.

Sets that reflect the support structure of a castle are often over looked, you need blacksmiths, taverns, barns, homes, mills, fields, etc...

My Castes don't need no support structure.  They don't even need no stairs to get from one level to the next.

My is 6071 Forestmen's Crossing.  It is an old school set from the early 90's and was a good build and fun to play with.  One of the best things about it was that my set came with 6 minfigs rather than the standard 5!

I wish I would have had some Forestmen as a kid.  My Lion Knights had nobody to fight.

I wish I would have had some Forestmen as a kid.  My Lion Knights had nobody to fight.

My son plays with it now. I only had the one forestmen set but had two smaller Black Monarch sets that we use to play Knights and Forestmen. Right now the 'bad knights' have over taken the forest castle.

My Castes don't need no support structure.  They don't even need no stairs to get from one level to the next.

hahahahaha yeah i was always bothered by the complete lack of stair on most lego sets, even as a kid i would add in stair or a ladder so they could get to the top of the towers.

• 3 weeks later...

I would say 6080 King's Castle because I had it as a kid and it was awesome at the time, and still holds up today with the newer castles. As for more recent sets, I would say Medieval Market Village.

Ditto about 6080. I still have that set, box, and instructions from my childhood. The only 2 other sets I owned were the Armor Shop and Black Falcons's Fortress from 1984 to 1986. The next set I purchased was in 2010 for my son (a city passenger plane and the $12 helicopter which is still in stores)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I really love my Black Monarch's Castle.  It was another set that I got as a random gift from a relative, I never asked for it and didn't really know it existed.  I was mostly into space, and I only had that castle and a few smaller castle sets.  I fell in love with it though, even more so when I started getting into reading Lord of the Rings and other fantasy books.

My favorite newer castle set is a toss up between medieval market village, mill village raid, and joust.  I actually have Black Monarch's castle overlooking the MMV and mill right now, a great display of old and new.

• 2 weeks later...