Can someone explain why this figure is ''worth'' so much?

Alcarin

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380696640423?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

This now passed Darth Malgus, Saruman (in dress from Orthanc) and similar figures...

I was watching this figure because I would like it to join my Figures on display and I checked now and was shocked...

So as the topic goes can someone tell me why this Jack Sparrow is worth so much?

There are a lot of them in sold listings for a few dollars ($2 - $6). Because you're outside the U.S. you may be getting skewed search results based on which sellers will ship overseas.

Yeah but I am explicitly talking about Jack Sparrow with Tricorn hat...

I can only find 2 listings for that figure (1 does not ship worldwide)

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR9.TRC1.A0.XLEGO+Jack+Sparrow+Tricorn&_nkw=LEGO+Jack+Sparrow+Tricorn&_sacat=0&_from=R40

There are 23 sold listings for the Jack Sparrow with the tricorn (most with weapon and book included) at under $10 on eBay.com -- there aren't many available at this very moment in time, but I wouldn't consider this particular outlier auction a sign that the figure overall is worth this much every time.

eBay auctions are funny things - people can go a little nuts sometimes and way overbid. Nice for the seller, but not a true indication of value on a one-time listing.

Keep him on your wanted list - I'd reckon you'll see one at a more reasonable price.

There ya go. That one doesn't have his book and sword, but I don't know how much value added either one really merits (based on sold listings, not much.)

You are right though id like to get both included so i only put it on stand and add it to my figures display :D

I shall hunt longer!

So as the topic goes can someone tell me why this Jack Sparrow is worth so much?

....Maybe people think that tricorne hat is rare? :scratchhead: I have no idea as it doesn't make sense to me either. You can buy the entire The London Escape set off of BrickLink new for about as much as the minifigure in that listing is currently going for.

• 1 month later...

Yeh but if you look right now there are 2 of the same Jack Sparrows on auctions again on Ebay.com

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-4193-Jack-Sparrow-Tricorn-Hat-Brown-Jacket-LONDON-ESCAPE-Minifigure-NEW/360759081931?_trksid=p2047675.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D11%26meid%3D1926337449087203341%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D1005%26rk%3D5%26rkt%3D5%26sd%3D380696640423%26

its going near 7$ again and its 36 hours left....

So i expect it to hit 10$+ again easily which is quite alot lol