How many of each LotR first wave set do you have?

10 x Orc Forge

4 x Uruk-Hai

4 x Weathertop

3 x Black Gate (2 have been parted out...made about $30 profit on each)

Hobbit (I know, you asked about LOTR...but I am feeling quite inferior and need to make my stash seem bigger :)

2 x Unexpected Gathering

1 x Barrel Escape

4 x Attack of the Wargs (1 has been parted out...made about $20)

I have bought everything at least 30% off, except the Orc Forges where I got them at 10% plus Hot Dog cart (for 2) plus VIP points.  So overall maybe 20% off?

Obviously I want Helm's Deep...but I try to focus on getting good deals etc.  I feel like if I chase all the potential "winners" there will be NO END.  I mean if I have a couple hundred to spend do I get Helm's Deep, or TB or SSD or HH or R2 or VW or...etc (this isn't a question to answer, just how I am thinking).  Sometimes I have to pick and choose. Of these, I think that the Unexpected Gathering has the potential to be the best set...it is just an excellent build and displays so well.

Guest eightbrick

An Uruk Hai Army and Orc Forge. I would really like to get more invested in these, but the OF was the only one I felt really safe with paying CDN retail and the Uruk-Hai was the only one I have found on good clearance. I'm hoping to add 5+ Shelob Attacks, which are a little under the radar (least talked about set in the theme on here) plus the box art is beautiful.

Not many great deals in CAN but all my LOTR/Hobbit purchases have been min 20% off.  Waiting to get Black Gate and Wizard battle as my personal newer favourites for this theme.  The rest if I miss I miss...can't cover everything as a small time investor/flipper.  Not buying unless 20%-30% off min or wait for clearance.   

Still haven't had time or urge to open and build HD...would like to do a LOTR/Hobbit landscape moc. 

3 x HD

10 x Forge

5 x Uruk Hai

10 x Weathertop

2 x Spider

1 x Unexpected Gathering

1 x Attack Wargs

2 x Milkwood

2 x Mines

2 x *** Arrives

2 x Riddles

Most sets I buy are for my own collection, I only do some small time investing on the side. And what I do invest, Is spread out between a lot of themes.

Of the first LOTR wave I've got one of each, with the exeption of Helm's Deep and Uruk-hai army, of which I have two. That's because I definetely want to keep one of those for myself, the rest I would be ok with selling at some point.

An Uruk Hai Army and Orc Forge. I would really like to get more invested in these, but the OF was the only one I felt really safe with paying CDN retail and the Uruk-Hai was the only one I have found on good clearance. I'm hoping to add 5+ Shelob Attacks, which are a little under the radar (least talked about set in the theme on here) plus the box art is beautiful.

I am with you about Shelob.  Seems to be harder to find this set too...should do well I think. 

5 helms deep

12 Uruk hai

20 weathertops

26 Orc forges

10 unexpected gatherings

2 mirkwood spiders

1 barrel escape

All were bought at least 30% discount, if not more, except for the forges. Those were all bought at target with the 5% redcard discount. Weathertops were one of my best finds. All bought from shopko for $18.50 each. I can't wait to cash in on those. I am looking to getting more weathertops and unexpected gatherings from a couple of walmarts in the middle of nowhere. Just waiting for another discount on them. If it doesn't happen then I am happy with what I have got. Helms deep has pretty much dried up eveywhere in my area. any that i happen to stumble upon still on clearance will be bought. would like to have at least 10 of those. Looking at what everyone else is holding it looks like I may be waiting awhile to sell, which is fine with me. The longer the better.

9469 - Gandalf Arrives - 6 (1 open)

9471 - Uruk-Hai Army - 17

9472 - Attack on Weathertop - 6 (1 open)

9473 - Mines of Moria - 2

9474 - Battle of Helms Deep - 14 (1 open)

9476 - Orc Forge - 25 (1 open)

I got everything for 25% off+ over the last few months, except about 12 Orc Forges. Still looking for more clearance deals....

I think my wife may be right and I have a problem...

One question if John Q Public didn't want all these LOTR/Hobbit sets the first pass, why would they want to buy them later in the future?

It's actually a really good question.  I guess, for me, I walked past the HP aisle at Target a million times and never bought a set...now I am considering buying the Hogwarts castle and paying an extra $150 bucks over what I could have bought it for in the store.

We are betting that there are idiots like me walking past the LOTR sets now. 

One question if John Q Public didn't want all these LOTR/Hobbit sets the first pass, why would they want to buy them later in the future?

Good question, but it continually happens. People get them, sell them, then decide they want them again. Also, people don't get into every theme until its gone. A lot of people don't understand sets going EOL.

It has happened over and over again, so not really a need to question it.