Natural History Museum MOC

tjspencer1

So freaking awesome! How ling did that take you to build?

I had made a version about two years ago, but it was limited with the pieces etc. All in all it has taken me about a month to build. This was filled mainly with the design and structural strength. LDD can be a bit limiting at times. If I could afford it and have more time I would love to build it in the flesh!

Simply awesome. I voted for it - the facade detail is great, the exhibits appear to be really well dne, and you have all the aspects of a great natural history museum represented.

Now for the marketing aspect of this...have you thought about crafting a little story to post on your CUUSOO description to bring the MOC to life? You could possibly provide a back story for the teen fig in your images and how he came to love the museum. You could even try to tie it in to a licensed theme like "Night At the Museum".

Just some thoughts. Incredible job - thanks for sharing.

Thanks everyone for your support and kind words. I am glad that you like. I worked so hard on it that I am starting to look like my avatar! (Dogs & their owners etc).

Yes, my marketing could be better. I will think about how to flesh out the story a bit. I don't want to make it too wordy though. Any more ideas on how I could reach more people?

Guest eightbrick

Very nice. As for reaching out to more people and gaining traction, the first thing I would do is try to build it with real bricks. If you look at all the uber-popular projects on Cuusoo, and the submissions that made the cut they were all made with real bricks. People like seeing stuff in the flesh. Once you are done that get as many people as you can to tell their friends and maybe even try to get it featured on some Lego website such as brickset (you will probably have to build it in real life to have a chance at a large community like that though). Good luck!

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...