Selling through Amazon FBA

appleseed1967

Well. I'm speechless. I got this email just now. Only one I'm a little reluctant of is the mine.

Thank you for agreeing to sell your inventory unit(s) to Amazon.com for use in fulfilling an out-of-stock customer order. We have recently purchased the following unit(s) from your inventory

B0050R0XEG / LEGO Creator Volkswagen T1 Cam / 2 / $249.99 / $424.98
B00GSN5BWA / LEGO Creator 31013 Red Thunder / 6 / $17.49 / $89.20
B00MJYDIGS / LEGO Minecraft 21114 The Farm / 5 / $89.99 / $382.46
B00MJYDDCW / LEGO Minecraft The Mine / 1 / $249.99 / $212.49
B00MJYDHHS / LEGO Minecraft Crafting Box / 8 / $149.99 / $1019.93
B00J4S6UYO / LEGO City Trains Cargo Train B / 1 / $299.99 / $254.99

• Like 2

Well. I'm speechless. I got this email just now. Only one I'm a little reluctant of is the mine.

Thank you for agreeing to sell your inventory unit(s) to Amazon.com for use in fulfilling an out-of-stock customer order. We have recently purchased the following unit(s) from your inventory

B0050R0XEG / LEGO Creator Volkswagen T1 Cam / 2 / $249.99 / $424.98

B00GSN5BWA / LEGO Creator 31013 Red Thunder / 6 / $17.49 / $89.20

B00MJYDIGS / LEGO Minecraft 21114 The Farm / 5 / $89.99 / $382.46

B00MJYDDCW / LEGO Minecraft The Mine / 1 / $249.99 / $212.49

B00MJYDHHS / LEGO Minecraft Crafting Box / 8 / $149.99 / $1019.93

B00J4S6UYO / LEGO City Trains Cargo Train B / 1 / $299.99 / $254.99

Wow, if it was meant for you, that's great!

Edited by LegoManiacc

For amazon FBA sellers, when would you match lowest price to unload inventory for Christmas? Today or tomorrow? What's your strategy to maximize profit? I do not want to unload too fast or too late. 

Wrong thread.  Can't really answer your question any way without knowing what your are trying to unload and what your goals are.  Are you flipping stuff that is temp out of stock?  Are you selling retired sets?  Are you trying to hit a certain margin or are you liquidating?  Can you return what you don't sell?  If you are flipping, you are probably getting closer to too late than too fast at this point in time.  Regardless, you shouldn't have to go as low as to match lowest price anyway, just price competitively enough to get the buy box. 

Wrong thread.  Can't really answer your question any way without knowing what your are trying to unload and what your goals are.  Are you flipping stuff that is temp out of stock?  Are you selling retired sets?  Are you trying to hit a certain margin or are you liquidating?  Can you return what you don't sell?  If you are flipping, you are probably getting closer to too late than too fast at this point in time.  Regardless, you shouldn't have to go as low as to match lowest price anyway, just price competitively enough to get the buy box. 

Mod can be these over to the FBA thread but I'll answer here with my 2 cents.

Depends on your product but you missed the peak profit in my opinion.

There may be some last minute action for prime shoppers next week.  But that's a risk for not a whole lot of reward.

If you are talking lego then it's not a big deal.  My lego can always sell next year.

If you are talking non-lego stuff (frozen, toys, etc) then I'd unload unless you just have a couple and are willing to take a risk.

I'm trying to learn when would be best time to unload this time of year. I made a mistake to unload the cave too soon last week. So I did not want to repeat same mistake on this week but it's getting closer to Christmas and 2-day shipping I thought today might be best shot. 

I'm talking about legos and I know legos will sell anytime but I do not want to let it sit at amazon warehouse too long. Maybe I should visit FBA thread.

Thanks both of you for the inputs!!

Take a look at how many sellers there are for whatever your trying to sell, if there are tons of sellers, best to offload it before a ton of dumping occurs. I don't necessarily think that your past the peak, just depends on each item. I've held mine longer this year than last year. 

It's Lego 10662. I've been lucky getting these here and there. Probably my best shot over all other legos in my inventory now.

Warehouse space is cheap.   

Go pull up keepa on a bunch of your items.  Look at the longest history view which they have.

You'll see the dates with peaks - usually the first and second weekends in december.

good luck selling.

Thanks for keepa info. I didn't know they exist. 

They do this quite often this time of year. Sometimes they will call to and ask you to ship on their behalf as well. Although I haven't had that happen in a while now.

I guess buying 2 T1's for double their price when they have them in stock seems like a glitch to me. Everything else is understandable, even though they paid a high price. 

Anyone have a recommendation for anything that tracks FBA inventory changes? Mine is highly fluid right now. I am getting inventory added that isn't mine and some of my inventory seems to be disappearing.

The disappearing inventory never has anything in the history which scares me. I'm about to have to audit them one by one. 

For amazon FBA sellers, when would you match lowest price to unload inventory for Christmas? Today or tomorrow? What's your strategy to maximize profit? I do not want to unload too fast or too late. 

No. Generally with FBA you stay priced higher than the lowest FBM, as you will have a better buy box advantage. Sometimes this spread can be quite large. Example an item might be selling for $150 FBM, where and FBA offer can own the BB at $180. The $180 FBA offer will get the majority of the sales. The spread can be very small too.

On items where the BB has been disabled you will generally want to be closer to their price, but you still have a large advantage with all the Prime customers and their cheap next day shipping options.

Also, keep in mind that soon amazon will display that "Your order will arrive after xmas" messages for most FBM offers. This will divert a lot of sales away from FBM.

No. Generally with FBA you stay priced higher than the lowest FBM, as you will have a better buy box advantage. Sometimes this spread can be quite large. Example an item might be selling for $150 FBM, where and FBA offer can own the BB at $180. The $180 FBA offer will get the majority of the sales. The spread can be very small too.

On items where the BB has been disabled you will generally want to be closer to their price, but you still have a large advantage with all the Prime customers and their cheap next day shipping options.

Also, keep in mind that soon amazon will display that "Your order will arrive after xmas" messages for most FBM offers. This will divert a lot of sales away from FBM.

Yes, I meant to match lowest FBA price not FBM. What's BB though?

Anyone ever used amazon fulfillment to fulfill a "Seller Fulfilled Order"? Weird question I know, but theres a situation where it would help me. Curious if that would be something they from upon.

are u trying to dropship from an fba seller to your merchant fulfilled order ? Prime can't be used to fulfill orders if that is the case

Anyone ever used amazon fulfillment to fulfill a "Seller Fulfilled Order"? Weird question I know, but theres a situation where it would help me. Curious if that would be something they from upon.

I'll convert FBA ASINs to FBM, then just create an MCF order for it....sometimes FBM stuff is more advantageous for some particular reason. Like now I'm getting a lot of expedited orders for a particular ASIN, so the profit from that outweighs the few extra FBA sales I would get had I just left it as FBA.

If this makes no sense I understand lol. But, the answer is yes you can do that

• 2 weeks later...

are u trying to dropship from an fba seller to your merchant fulfilled order ? Prime can't be used to fulfill orders if that is the case

No. I had a bunch of Minecraft sets in FBA that were selling better as a bundle. Shipping them was cheap so I was thinking rather than selling them individually through FBA, I could make more creating fulfillment orders for the bundle after selling them as seller fulfilled. 

Also, just as an FYI. Make sure any of you who sold inventory to Amazon actually got paid. I made 3 separate sales to them. They paid the first and last, but still haven't paid the middle order (and they took the inventory from me on 12/13). I a sure they will take care of it, but just wanted to make sure everyone is paying attention :-)