Disney Princess 2014

boxofcorey

• 4 weeks later...

merida's highland games has gone out of stock at LEGO Shop at Home, walmart , amazon, target, and price is jacked up at TRU to $26 and $32 on amazon reseller after being available everywhere for $15 for like its whole life.  this is a good sign for princess theme if this set can make it.

Edited by cladner

merida's highland games has gone out of stock at LEGO Shop at Home, walmart , amazon, target, and price is jacked up at TRU to $26 and $32 on amazon reseller after being available everywhere for $15 for like its whole life. this is a good sign for princess theme if this set can make it.

This is interesting because the 2014 Princess sets were hardly EVER discounted since they came out...and even when they were, the discount wasn't significant enough for me to start buying. That said, of the 2014 sets, Merida's was the least popular. I'm not surprised that big box retailers have them priced to move (and not the others). It should be noted however that just because a set is OOS on the Target and Walmart websites, it doesn't necessarily mean that they can't still be found on B&M shelves. Things go in and out of stock in Amz all the time (meaning just because it's only available from 3rd party sellers this week doesn't mean that Amz won't have it in stock themselves the next). And I'm not convinced that a set being OOS on LEGO Shop at Home means that it's OOS at other retailers as well. I'm not convinced that now is the time to go nuts on the Merida set.

This is interesting because the 2014 Princess sets were hardly EVER discounted since they came out...and even when they were, the discount wasn't significant enough for me to start buying.

My own experience concurs with this. The best discount on any of these Princesses was Cinderella's Dream Carriage for $25 with the free Rapunzel polybag (thank you by the way once more) which barely lasted a month to never see such a sale afterwards. I do recall the Merida set going down to $15 once but never again. After that the item saw perhaps $2 off which went up and down sporadically as time went by. Everything else including the large castle might have seen a 10% discount at best from what I can remember noting.

this is a good sign for princess theme if this set can make it.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed in the meantime.

there were at least 2 opportunities to get princess 2014 sets for 25% off at target in 2014.

I purchased most in April for 25% off.  also in the spring they had a cartwheel app deal on a saturday when there was a 30% discount combining with red card.

i think this merida highland games is a total stinker but i have 5 of every princess theme set for long term hold.

this was the last set i needed to get - i thought it might make it to clearance but has disappeared from store around me except for Marshalls and those are heavily pawed up.

they were up on target and walmart.com for 15.99 until the went out of stock since I ordered them last sunday.

probably the meijer's crew will get them for 99 cents or something.

Edited by cladner

Meijer crew prices:

Ariel Amazing Treasure

7.87 each

Merida's HIghland Adventures
11.24 each

I cleaned out my store of Ariels, left some Merida behind but got 5.  Probably should have got them all but Meijer took all my money and something had to stay on the shelf.
  • Like 2

I'm well stocked on Cinderella and Ariel. Merida set was meh. Rapunzel set has a few neat elements but the movie its based on isn't afol territory. 2015 wave should do better avg gain per set I think. Aurora, afol. Jasmine, afol. Ariel castle is better than cinderellas imo. And frozen couldn't lose money if it started to burn it in barrels.

Meijer crew prices:

Ariel Amazing Treasure

7.87 each

11.24 each

I cleaned out my store of Ariels, left some Merida behind but got 5.  Probably should have got them all but Meijer took all my money and something had to stay on the shelf.

great prices on both.  I'm a little short on Meridas myself.  They went quick around here on any sales and none were at $11

Meijer crew prices:

Ariel Amazing Treasure

7.87 each

11.24 each

I had a bunch of Ariels and small Friends sets in my hands yesterday. I put them back and grabbed 2 more Dolphin Cruisers.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

For my 6 year old daughter and upcoming Sinterklaas (Dutch) and Christmas celebrations I ordered one Rapunzel's Creativity Tower and one Ariel's Undersea Castle. Both on sale at Amazon Germany giving a neat ~30% discount compared to (Dutch) MSRP. :-)

I showed her pictures of both the Rapunzel Tower and Elsa's Sparkling Ice Castle, but even though she's a big fan of Frozen, the design of Elsa's ice castle didn't appeal to her. She clearly preferred Rapunzel's tower!