70400 - Forest Ambush

CNH1974

no because everyoen can buy those... no real value unless theme goes on for a LONG time!

But "anyone" could have bought the Star Wars battle pack and now they are valueable because of this. But I accept this may be more of a niche market.

I can't see Lego doing more with Castles. This run hasn't been well received. Kingdoms were much better sets. But even these have gone down in value. Maybe as long term investment. But I think you'll be sitting on these for a very long time. Stomping

What makes you say the have not been well received. Have there been bad reviews - admittedly something I have not looked for. 

I am wondering whether the LOTR/Hobbit themes are taken a lot of the buying power from a generic Castle theme.

But "anyone" could have bought the Star Wars battle pack and now they are valuable because of this. But I accept this may be more of a niche market.

Yes, but  this is very kid theme castle ... Its not Kingdoms... And if you look even Kingdoms apart from the King's Castle appreciated rather poorly... even MMV is possible to be bought for about 100$ still.

The new castle theme just doesnt have the popularity of the Kigdoms theme, i think the sets are small, more expensive, very generic and of course they are competing with LOTR. The only reason i could see this being popular is as a army building set, it does offer 4 minifigs for a nice price. Also, the lion/king knights do look similar to those of the previous fantasy castle series

Here in the States, I'm not seeing a lot of part-out potential.  Common soldiers like this might net $3 USD each if you're lucky (2 GBP), and I can't see the remaining scene going for any more than $3 (2 GBP).

That's a best case scenario of $15 net (and that's probably high), for a $12 retail price.  Not a lot of payoff - looking at 25% ROI as your top dollar.

If eBay UK is showing a better sold price than 2 GBP per fig, you may have something.

• Like 1

Agree with the consensus. Great army builder set, and my son is excited to get it. Not something for long term investment vs other options IMO.

Based on this I think I will get one to build, but only get more if they are at a significant discount. Of which, none seem to be available at the moment.

This could be because the UK/England actually had a period of time that featured knights, kings, queens, lords, etc. In the US, one of the reasons why the sets don't do as well could be because the history isn't there. 

By that logic, the Lone Ranger theme is going to crash and burn over here :P

<insert upper class voice> " I say. Who is that chap on a horse and why is he wearing a blindfold?"

It`s a great set for the army building fanatic, and the modest Castle collector as well. That said I don`t see much potential here. Mainly because of the price point and value of the individual parts. Reminds me of Gandalf Arrives. 

Here in the States, I'm not seeing a lot of part-out potential.  Common soldiers like this might net $3 USD each if you're lucky (2 GBP), and I can't see the remaining scene going for any more than $3 (2 GBP).

That's a best case scenario of $15 net (and that's probably high), for a $12 retail price.  Not a lot of payoff - looking at 25% ROI as your top dollar.

If eBay UK is showing a better sold price than 2 GBP per fig, you may have something.

That`s a great break down. I`m in agreement.