70010 - Lion CHI Temple

lowillsw

• 4 months later...

I guess it's fair to say no one is sure about the theme, but it is general consensus that of all the Chima sets, the CHI temple is one of the best if not the best investment option. I got 3 with average price of $70 and I don't think I'm buying more unless I see better discount than that, or the performance of other retired Chima sets.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This set was only available at the U.S. LEGO Shop at Home site for less than 10 months and most retailers have cleared them out.  I'm amazed that between TRU, Target, and Kroger, all the ones I found were 50% off.  They really wanted to get rid of them quickly and I bought all 7 I found.  I'm hoping for good returns this Christmas as I don't plan to hold this set any longer than that.  I think I can easily double my money, maybe better.

At one point, these were around $40 somewhere. I'm not a huge believer in the set at anything higher than $50

I would buy this set all day long at $60.  Not sure where they showed up for $40 but I'm willing to bet it wasn't widely available at that price.  It's selling for $100 or just above that on ebay right now....in the middle of the summer.  Just wait until the holiday shopping kicks in.  I know there are a ton of options for Chima sets right now, but this will be long gone by November and it's a main set from the cartoon.  I have high hopes that this will be pushing $140-150 before Christmas, but we'll see.

Mine says yes. First run of a theme that could take off. First big set of said theme, low investor focus, short retail life. These facts do not compel one to ignore purchase price but i think it could do quite well. I expect i will sell all of mine in 2 or 3 years, maybe keep one for the long haul depending on mid range performance.

On ebay Germany it is selling now between 140 and 150 euro. Should I bother buying two for 110 euro each? Will this set go up in value any further?

at that price i would pass, does not seem enough meat on the bone and its not like its highly collectible among adults to see much higher returns in the future.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...