I can't make heads or tales of anything!

willy431

Question

Bought a huge lot of mixed sets. No manuals. And the figures are a complete mess...even arms--hands and seperate legs are off! I snapped a few pics of the strange shapes and some print hoping someone might recognize something so I can try to pull some sets out of this mess! Even a theme would help so I can start looking on brickset or bricklink.

Thanks for any help!

post-14194-0-05415200-1378857507_thumb.j

post-14194-0-74989400-1378857538_thumb.j

post-14194-0-23104700-1378857554_thumb.j

post-14194-0-10262500-1378857569_thumb.j

post-14194-0-33343600-1378857588_thumb.j

Guest eightbrick

Anyway... here's what I saw that hasn't been covered yet. Dates and set numbers are specific to the item's color/printing:

First Picture:

Phew...

Picture 2:

Now I need to get back and work on FCB's massive lot :P Hope that helped, happy sorting!

The tan lion's head is part of Harry Potter 4733 (which I think you are after HP stuff still?), but the rest of it looks like the various castle pieces that I tend to get in every used lot it seems.

edit -

Lions Head:

Tan:
  • 4 in 6095-1 - Royal Joust (2000)
  • 2 in 6098-1 - King Leo's Castle (2000)
  • 2 in 4733-1 - The Dueling Club (2002)
  • 2 in 6091-1 - King Leo's Castle (2000)
  • 2 in 6094-1 - Guarded Treasury (2000)
  • 2 in 4709-1 - Hogwarts? Castle (2001)
  • 1 in 1383-1 - Curse of the Pharaoh (2002)
  • Like 1

Something I've found super helpful lately is if you grab the item number off the random piece of LEGO, search it on bricklink and then click 'CATALOG ENTRY', there will be a link next to the picture of the brick that will show you every set that the piece appeared in.

EDIT - Changed my mind, after trying to find a way to demo this, I found that Peeron is about a million times faster to use to accomplish this. Just put the brick item number into their search and you're done.

I think I might put it back in totes and get a weight. I really think it's 100 pounds! They are finally dried! We filled the bath tub about 3/4 with the lot, some hot water, and soap...and scub a dub! We spent a couple hours picking out glass,pens,pencils,markers,coins,bandaids(used), ferret feces, and hair hair hair! Human and animal. And some purple sticky crap. There are at least 200 figures all broken down to nothing. 400 acessories and hair/hats....never seen any of them that we recognize---all yellow face and probably generic

That is the bad news..

Oh...you want the good news?

$40

And an hour drive with premium gas in a v8 q45 @ avg speed of 80....so close to $20 in gas too. When I got there the girl (no more than 18) said it was hers and brothers last 10 years. She said she had literally 20+ emails within 30 mins of posting the ad. When she said sold to them...she said some offered her $80!

I felt bad and was going to give her 80....but I didn't have the cash on me..told her I had her name and address (obviously) and I would mail her a check for 40.

That was before the cat or ferret crap and broken glass, bloodied bandaids, guys ripped down to threir torsos an some guys and bricks handpainted as well as the pieces they cut and bent for MOCs. I like to think I keep my word..but I can't bring myself to write the check. I tried twice.

That picture was only about half...we already pulled figures, acc, animals, tan, brown, green and dark gray out! I'll take more pics tomorrow and get a weight. I always wondered why people listed lots as clean/pet an smoke free. Makes a HUGE difference.

I think I might put it back in totes and get a weight. I really think it's 100 pounds! They are finally dried! We filled the bath tub about 3/4 with the lot, some hot water, and soap...and scub a dub! We spent a couple hours picking out glass,pens,pencils,markers,coins,bandaids(used), ferret feces, and hair hair hair! Human and animal. And some purple sticky crap. There are at least 200 figures all broken down to nothing. 400 acessories and hair/hats....never seen any of them that we recognize---all yellow face and probably generic

That is the bad news..

This is why you have kids. Groom them to do this.

Just set the box in front of them and say - separate and then you get to eat dinner.

• Like 1

You definitely have some Knights Kingdom sets in there. And more generic Castle Elements. Links to Brickset list of sets that have that particular element:

Brick Wall with window

Black French Tower

Black Balcony

The spikey gray piece in the 3rd picture I should know, but I don't. I have one in my inventory that I got from a random lot. Gah! It was part of several spikey skeleton MOC attempts...

• Like 2

Guest eightbrick

Anyway... here's what I saw that hasn't been covered yet. Dates and set numbers are specific to the item's color/printing:

First Picture:

Phew...