What is going on here?

tonysbricks

Question

I am finally going through a large bulk lot I bought in Jan. It contains, so far, about 30 of 

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=44126&in=S

in dark blue. According to BL there are only a few sets with that color and none of them have very many. Was there some other source of these, like PAB or the brick wall? Not sure where else so many could have come from...I did not see markers for multiples of any of the sets on BL that have this color either.

9 answers to this question

There's only been 3 sets to use that piece in that color, with a grand total of 4 between all 3 sets. My guess is the PAB wall or BL order.

But seriously, almost NINE months later to sort a lot? :blink:

Yup according to Peeron.com its:

NavyBlue:
  • 2 in 4770-1 - Blizzard Blaster (2005)
  • 1 in 7771-1 - Angler Ambush (2007)
  • 1 in 8634-1 - Mission 5: Turbocar Chase (2008)

Its an odd piece to put on a PAB wall, then again my store had grey part 4345a Container Box 2 x 2 x 2 with Solid Studs

without the doors. http://peeron.com/inv/parts/4345a   Whats the point of that?

Guest eightbrick

I am by no means a PAB expert, but I don't think that pieces like that would pop up at a store. My guess, is they either have a bunch of 8638 Deep Sea Quest (Agents) sets which have four of the pieces (not sure why that didn't show up on Peeron) or Bricklinked them. Usually, with few exceptions, PAB walls get the same type of pieces accross the board. Those box containers you mentioned are/were pretty common wall pieces at a couple stores I visited as were the windscreens. Rarely do stores get exceptionally different stuff.

I would say the previous owner Bricklinked these suckers, as its last appearance in a set was in 2008, and at that time PAB walls were far less popular or well-supplied.

I'm seeing four sets with that piece in Dark Blue adding up to a total of eight from them all.

2 in 4770 - Blizzard Blaster, 2004

1 in 7771 - Angler Ambush, 2007

1 in 8634 - Mission 5: Turbocar Chase, 2008

4 in 8636 - Mission 7: Deep Sea Quest, 2008

I would side with Brianl3 someone BrickLinked those 30 or maybe they bought a bunch of those listed sets to part out themselves. Who knows really? I have heard of odd parts appearing at those pick-a-brick walls before like Minifigures pieces so I wouldn't find that surprising by much.