79008 - Pirate Ship Ambush

Looks like we will be getting a new ship this year!! Pretty EPIC looking from what I can see (if anyone has better pics please post). This will be one of the best LOTR sets yet! http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-lord-of-the-rings-pirate-ship-ambush-79008-first-look/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+LegoEverlasting-LegoReviewsNews+(The+Brick+Fan+-+LEGO+Reviews+&+News)

I am personally very eager to see the next line of LotR come out. An Orthanc and Corsair ship will be huge winners I think down the road, and will be very fun builds. The Black Gate will be nice too, but I think a guy needs 2 sets to do the real scene justice. It sounds like the palantir will be on a minifig head, which i think kind of sucks, I think it should have been on a technic ball end to be more of an orb, but oh well. I am not a super anal LotR enthusiast, so I don't care if every little element or minifigure is exact like some people are, I just want to make some little armies and wage war on my son's army:)

I am personally very eager to see the next line of LotR come out. An Orthanc and Corsair ship will be huge winners I think down the road, and will be very fun builds. The Black Gate will be nice too, but I think a guy needs 2 sets to do the real scene justice. It sounds like the palantir will be on a minifig head, which i think kind of sucks, I think it should have been on a technic ball end to be more of an orb, but oh well.

I am not a super anal LotR enthusiast, so I don't care if every little element or minifigure is exact like some people are, I just want to make some little armies and wage war on my son's army:)

Yes, I agree. Many LOTR sets need two to really complete a scene.

• 3 weeks later...

Love those sails, I heard this one was going for $140 though, seems a bit steep for what I am seeing in the photos as the ship isn't built up very much. The army of the dead look to be exclusive to this set so far so they could make it worth a lot, plus the Peter Jackson cameo figure may be worth a bit too. I imagined this set a while back when the first announced LOTR but we didn't know what the sets were going to be and I thought, "it has to have Peter Jackson!". CAn anypne tell how many hull pieces are used?

• 2 weeks later...