21021 - Marina Bay Sands and 21057 - Singapore Architecture sets.

Noodlenut

Hope it's not North Korea lol.......I knew better that to question your Lego knowledge my bad :) did yours come with that cool outer box?

If it were North Korea it would really be a limited edition. Dennis Rodman could corner the market and make a fortune.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

Hope it's not North Korea lol.......I knew better that to question your Lego knowledge my bad :) did yours come with that cool outer box?

No unfortunately. I fell asleep on this set and paid for it. I saw it on the list of new releases awhile ago and never went back to see what happened to it. I probably could have bought it at $50 less if I was paying attention. I have all the Architecture sets, so not having this one would have bothered me, the anal completionist that I am.

No unfortunately. I fell asleep on this set and paid for it. I saw it on the list of new releases awhile ago and never went back to see what happened to it. I probably could have bought it at $50 less if I was paying attention. I have all the Architecture sets, so not having this one would have bothered me, the anal completionist that I am.

Me too. I'm only missing a few including this one. I will get the others eventually. It bothers me not to have it but I won't pay that much for it.

There are 5 on ebay right now......it has jumped quite a bit in the last 1.5 years since Cuusoo fever hit.

I only see one, are my search methods not up to par?

EDIT: I'm a bit hesitant to use bricklink because of security concerns.  I also don't know much about how to make a set via buying the separate pieces.

Is there a guide out there on how to make a set from pieces; and perhaps a guide on how to utilize bricklink?  (Just had a thought, Bricklink probably has their own guide, I haven't had time to check).

I'm pretty new to the whole "second-hand" world of Lego.

Apparently the Brickset reviewer for the Marina Bay Sands set had it shipped to him in a very cool, drool worthy outer box...

http://www.brickset.com/article/8966/review-21021-marina-bay-sands

Now THAT I would pay a pretty penny for.

EDIT: I'm a bit hesitant to use bricklink because of security concerns.  I also don't know much about how to make a set via buying the separate pieces.

Is there a guide out there on how to make a set from pieces; and perhaps a guide on how to utilize bricklink?  (Just had a thought, Bricklink probably has their own guide, I haven't had time to check).

(Sorry I posted that edit twice, wanted to make sure someone saw it)

(Sorry I posted that edit twice, wanted to make sure someone saw it)

Generally on Bricklink you pay with Paypal, it's no less secure than ebay. 

To buy all the individual pieces, you'll want to go to the Wanted section, then Part Set, then type in the set number. This will add all the parts to your wanted list. From there you can use the By Shop function to see which stores are carrying the parts you need, or use a program like Brickficiency to help you find stores that have the parts.

Looks to be limited. I mentioned this set about a week or two ago. I just recently paid $200 and now they are close to $300. They are only available in the actual hotel'a gift shop and in parts of Asia(Singapore and Sourh Korea).

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

I called the hotel gift shop and they are out of them.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Brickpicker mobile app

Even with the 10,000 limit, from an investment point isn't the buy in of 200-300 too high?...

I would.say so. If they were bought at retail and paid the $40 shipping to the us that would be worth it. At this point I think it's too high for an investment. Thats my 2 cents.

I really bought one so I could own every Architecture set, not as an investment. But speaking of high buy in prices. I paid $600 for a MISB Cafe Corner a few years back. Was that too high? How about $800 for a 10179 3 years ago. That seemed high at the time as well.

I really bought one so I could own every Architecture set, not as an investment. But speaking of high buy in prices. I paid $600 for a MISB Cafe Corner a few years back. Was that too high? How about $800 for a 10179 3 years ago. That seemed high at the time as well.

Touch

I asked a friend of mine who lives in Singapore to get a couple for me but was told that they were sold out :(

I was in Singapore on the weekend and went to the marina bay sands and we asked at all the gift shops and the last sales assistant told me that it was sold out at the hotel and that you couldn't get one anywhere in Singapore. Clearly I'm not the only person to have asked recently.

I was looking at bricklink options but there are a couple of pieces that seem to be quite rare (olive 1x1 tile) and even the blue/translucent pieces are too although they seem to feature heavily in the UN HQ architecture set.

It's very difficult to know what will be the CAGR of this set. I asked to buy two sets from Singapoure and it's always  200 USD$ but for the moment if you check Amazon in Europe the set is suggest nearly 300 $ but on ebay i didn't see a lot of auction so i don't know if a lot of people would like it at this price...

I was looking at bricklink options but there are a couple of pieces that seem to be quite rare (olive 1x1 tile) and even the blue/translucent pieces are too although they seem to feature heavily in the UN HQ architecture set.

OMG, so many of those blue transparent pieces in the UN set.  So many....

Trying to get hold of this set as well when I head back home (Sg) for good next week. Will report how much I paid for it. Hubby is a completionist too - but only for the places we have visited which make up almost the whole architecture line. Was regretting visiting the Robie House last week coz after that, we HAD to have the set and paid quite a bit for it now that prices had gone up...:P

Still trying not to kick myself for missing this MBS set when it was launched since I was in US...and now having to pay a premium for it. Exciting things always happens at home when you're away. :(