6860 - The Batcave

Dr. Brick

7 hours ago, kingleonidas said:

this set is doing real badly ...

Not really, but that depends on your buy in price.  This was easy to snag for $50-60 and has only been retired 15 months.  LEGO did us no favors by making this available for a third year and then there was the Target Black Friday blowout in 2014, but I have nearly doubled my money on this set for the ones I sold in December and January.

2 hours ago, exciter1 said:

This was a good money maker during the holiday season and prices have actually risen a little in the US.

Exactly!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Val-E said:

Has any recent Super Heroes set done well outside the US?

I am quietly bowing out of the super hero genre. They just seem spread way too thin on offerings and are extremely slow to appreciate, at least from what I have seen. I sold a Batcave over a year ago for $95 and the last one 12 months later for...$95. Profit, yes. A little. Only because of Black Friday. Growth? Nope. Fees and shipping also cut into profit although the last was sold on CL, so that helped a little.  

I think I will take the cash and invest in helicopters instead...

14 minutes ago, asharerin said:

Buy in was $45 on these, all sold for $118 - $120 on Amazon very quickly. Never had an issue doubling thru superheroes. I need more than 100% ROI so bowing out as well.

I am but a humble ebay seller. Sales are more around 85-100 tops. Does not work for me. Glad it does for you and that you are letting everybody know it though.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Yinchuan said:

I am but a humble ebay seller. Sales are more around 85-100 tops. Does not work for me. Glad it does for you and that you are letting everybody know it though.

Amazon is dead for lego now as well. Back in the day you could buy lego on ebay and flip on amazon for a profit. Now alot of sets actually get better money on ebay compared to FBA. The entire market is stagnant until we get Amazon to gate the toys category. Until then off to greener pastures.

32 minutes ago, asharerin said:

Amazon is dead for lego now as well. Back in the day you could buy lego on ebay and flip on amazon for a profit. Now alot of sets actually get better money on ebay compared to FBA. The entire market is stagnant until we get Amazon to gate the toys category. Until then off to greener pastures.

to do a what with toy category? its all about your buy in price. i sell exclusively on amazon, self-fulfill the orders and easily manage 1.5-2x sets after all costs considered. granted i average about 5 orders/day in off season, but its an easy side investment/job for me

Edited by jerryherb