6860 - The Batcave

Dr. Brick

I've been hunting for some at $49 and haven't come across them at all. And I have hit the retail stores hard all through the summer and fall in my area as well as other areas I've visited. My Targets sold out and never restocked and most of them just have a empty space where this was. 

There a bunch around in my walmarts - but all at retail. Its probably still a winner at retail, but I haven't jumped yet.

This already was the 2nd Batman wave. And the 2nd Batcave. First one was 7783.

Not to hijack the thread, but I just got my hands on a used 7783 in great shape, and I'm thinking about keeping it until after 6860 retires to ride the rebound from the 6860 retirement.  Am I overthinking this?  My other option is to list it in the next 1-2 weeks.

I've been hunting for some at $49 and haven't come across them at all. And I have hit the retail stores hard all through the summer and fall in my area as well as other areas I've visited. My Targets sold out and never restocked and most of them just have a empty space where this was.

About the same here. Best I found was one time at Target for maybe $5 or so off. There was one time a couple of months ago where Target had matched Amazon's price but apparently they did not last long it seems. :wacko: Ah well, I ended up getting Battle at The Black Gate for $47 as a substitute.

• 4 weeks later...

On the 6860 Batcave I would hold on to them, I just got 8 more today for $50 Each, these will be $200 a year after retired, and don't forget the Funhouse Toys R Us had them today for $30 Each with the buy one get one 50% off, used that $10 gift card 's from black friday, like i said before once batcave is retired people will have 2 choices the 6860 set for about $200 or so or the Older 2006 set for $400 or more, Most average Lego buyers will go with the 6860 set, and the Funhouse should be a steady $100 or more set, and last don't forget the Batman Alysum for $160, should be around to the end of 2015, but it would not hurt to pick one up from time to time, this will be a steady $350 or more set. I swore i wanted get anymore Funhouses but for $30 each, well it takes me up to 62 of them.  Ed

Guest TabbyBoy

On the 6860 Batcave I would hold on to them, I just got 8 more today for $50 Each, these will be $200 a year after retired, and don't forget the Funhouse Toys R Us had them today for $30 Each with the buy one get one 50% off, used that $10 gift card 's from black friday, like i said before once batcave is retired people will have 2 choices the 6860 set for about $200 or so or the Older 2006 set for $400 or more, Most average Lego buyers will go with the 6860 set, and the Funhouse should be a steady $100 or more set, and last don't forget the Batman Alysum for $160, should be around to the end of 2015, but it would not hurt to pick one up from time to time, this will be a steady $350 or more set. I swore i wanted get anymore Funhouses but for $30 each, well it takes me up to 62 of them.  Ed

Sorry to hear that, are you having therapy? ;-)

Not to hijack the thread, but I just got my hands on a used 7783 in great shape, and I'm thinking about keeping it until after 6860 retires to ride the rebound from the 6860 retirement. Am I overthinking this? My other option is to list it in the next 1-2 weeks.

Just saw this older post.

I had 2 used 7783s and sold both 3months ago. I waited too long :(. despite being superior in just about every way to 6860, it is killing this once mighty investment. If I sold my sets in 2012, I would have received at least $75-$100 more per set.

At some point, sealed 6860s will be worth more than open 7783s. Until then, people will flock to 6860s due to the cheaper price tag.

Just saw this older post.

I had 2 used 7783s and sold both 3months ago. I waited too long :(. despite being superior in just about every way to 6860, it is killing this once mighty investment. If I sold my sets in 2012, I would have received at least $75-$100 more per set.

At some point, sealed 6860s will be worth more than open 7783s. Until then, people will flock to 6860s due to the cheaper price tag.

An update - I listed the used 7783 for $350 and it sold within a few days. I was sad to see that awesome set go, but I learned it was going to make a child's Christmas so Santa Quacs feels a little better!

• Like 1

So I've been watching this one, my son would really like one and I would too if I'm being honest, but they're kind of hard to find.  I found a cached Google page of the Target product page and found the product number to use on an inventory checker.  My MIL was in the Target today that I had located a 6860 at, but couldn't find them on the shelf.  After asking for some help they looked around in the back and found five.  They were retail priced, but the guy said they were discontinued, I assume that meant Target wasn't carrying them anymore.  Ended up getting two of them. 

I also noticed that LEGO Shop at Home went out of stock today, but said they would deliver within 30 days.  I realize that the status probably doesn't indicate anything, but if they're planning on getting more, I assume they are still producing them?  If that is the case I may just hold the two I got from Target until a better deal comes along or I can get VIP points.

• 2 weeks later...