6860 - The Batcave

Dr. Brick

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't think that it is retiring for 2014.

It is back at Lego LEGO Shop at Home.

It is back at TRU

And I saw it at two different local Targets near me as a regular priced shelf item. (Not it clearance)

Also it is popping in and out on Amazon as being fulfilled by Amazon. (Not third parties)

Anyone else?

I'm almost certain that the Funhouse is ready to go though.

It is on clearance at LEGO Shop at Home for 19.99 and sold out. Lego typically doesn't mark down an item that much unless it is part of their "Do not care list"

It is back at TRU

And I saw it at two different local Targets near me as a regular priced shelf item. (Not it clearance)

Also it is popping in and out on Amazon as being fulfilled by Amazon. (Not third parties)

Anyone else?

It is on clearance at LEGO Shop at Home for 19.99 and sold out. Lego typically doesn't mark down an item that much unless it is part of their "Do not care list"

Im thinking it is hear at least to the end of the year.

It is a great set and pretty darn important to the Batman universe. I think there is a slight possibility this might turn into the live cave.

• Like 1

Yep I suspect it is just clearing out old stock. It will disappear suddenly just like Wolverine.

I really hope so.  The thing that makes me think it will is that it is still out of stock at walmart.com, amazon has it over retail and it's been completely cleared from target.com just like the helicarrier and wolverine.  That just leaves brick and mortar stores and shop at home.  Fingers crossed.

It is back at TRU

Anyone else?

at Lego LEGO Shop at Home Italy the situation is:

6857 Retired product

6860 Retired product

6864 Retired product

• 2 weeks later...

Bet you this one will quietly disappear and suddenly, there will be a panic on those who missed out and make it shoot to $200USD in a matter of 6 months. Same thing happened where the Wolverine Chopper just suddenly disappeared, from $19,99, and now on ebay for around $38. This happened in just a month. Choppers were still on the shelves at TRU even on freaking X'mas day last month in Canada, and now, listing it on craigslist for $35 is like a fire sale. 

Batcave to $150USD by March, book it. 

• Like 1

There are so many sets coming out this spring that I think it will be hard for retailers to continue to find space for the Batcave.  There are 2 more DC sets, 4 new Marvel sets, and plenty of Star Wars to keep the shelves full.  Not to mention the 3 Guardians of the Galaxy sets coming in July/August, 4 new TMNT cartoon sets, and 3 TMNT movie sets coming this summer.  I just can't see the Batcave lasting very long into 2014 but stranger things have happened.

• Like 1

Bet you this one will quietly disappear and suddenly, there will be a panic on those who missed out and make it shoot to $200USD in a matter of 6 months. Same thing happened where the Wolverine Chopper just suddenly disappeared, from $19,99, and now on ebay for around $38. This happened in just a month. Choppers were still on the shelves at TRU even on freaking X'mas day last month in Canada, and now, listing it on craigslist for $35 is like a fire sale.

Batcave to $150USD by March, book it.

This right here. We heard over and over how the Wolvie set was easy to get... next minute gone and people saying they never saw it coming despite similar signs. People will seriously regret leaving these on the shelves thinking they are making a much longer run.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker