41027 Mia's Lemonade Stand

41028 Emma's Lifeguard Post

41029 Stephanie's Newborn Lamb

41035 Heartlake Juice Bar

41037 Stephanie's Beach House

41039 Sunshine Ranch

41056 Heartlake News Van

41057 Heartlake Horse Show

I'm interested in what Sunshine Harvest and Sunshine Ranch are all about. A couple of the others seem rather derivative...Mia's Lemonade Stand, Steph's Newborn Lamb, Heartlake Juice Bar, Heartlake Horse Show

And where is that Lighthouse??

Guest eightbrick

Oooh, the news van sounds enticing, we haven't had a good one of those since the 90s I believe. I wonder if they are going to introduce new characters sometimes.

Guest eightbrick

It's probably fine, people like having different topics for each theme because not everyone wants to talk about  Friends or LOTR or city all at once, it can get confusing. 

Guest eightbrick

And I know not everyone wants to talk about Friend...sigh

Lol... me and TOK want to... I guess the pink scared off all the other investors. It's still in the top 10 money making themes by CAGR (behind it at #7 is hero factory, which I found completely surprising), so it would be...unwise to ignore it. Anyway, I searched up 2014 lego friends, and this horror was my first result:

banbao-family-lego-bricks-educational-to

These clone brands are getting quite ridiculous (I think this is the Banbao brand). Frankly, this is just a crappy version of duplo. Then again, I can see the benefits of living in a truly "open concept" (laugh now)  house in the middle of a jungle... you can get up close to all the nature, welcome in all sorts of bugs, rodents and tigers, get rained on, etc. 

Guest eightbrick

I just wish there was a port or something on that list for the Dolphin Cruiser. Have you thought about getting 2 to put back to back to make a huge cruise ship? I hope I find some for 50% off so I can do that :D

Oopsie daisy, just found the same info above under the 2014 sets post. Please delete...or maybe leave open for specific 2014 Friends news in the future?

It's fine for specific discussions about next year's Friends sets. Could also post set reviews here as they come in too.

And I know not everyone wants to talk about Friend...sigh

Lol... me and TOK want to... I guess the pink scared off all the other investors.

Yep, we are two wild and crazy guys! :D

I hope some photos come out soon. I would love to see them. I think my daughter will love them all.  we did not get the lemonade stand that was out so I know she will be happy about this. the beach  house seems like it would be a fun set to go with the juice bar and lifeguard stand .  the news van sounds like it will be really cute. I know she will love them all. I do have to say I am just as bad as her. I love what they have out in them now. 

Her lemonade stand seems to be doing well, what w/ C-notes just laying around.

Ha ha, yeah. Nice to get a different color scooter in a inexpensive set already and a clear head piece comprising the bottom of her water pitcher. I had to really look at the water pitcher for a while because I actually thought the whole thing was a new part. Lovin' the printed cookies! Cool to get that lifeguard floatie in a regular set. Oh, and pearl gold binoculars! Can't wait to see the rest of the lineup!

Thanks for finding and posting the photos!

I am a bit disappointed though...they still seem very derivative to me from existing sets. If I see anymore of those bows, brushes, prize ribbons, spray bottles, bars of soap, I'm going to scream (Is there a smiley that runs around in circles screaming? If so, insert here)

Also, has anyone had any experience parting out these bows/brush/ribbon sets and made a profit? They're so ubiquitous.

The only new items I see are the Vespa (I agree, very cool new color!), the cookies, the lemonade carafe, and the lamb.

Maybe Lego's trying to up the number of small boxed sets that around around the $9.99-$11.99 price point because they make good impulse buys (especially if you're a parent and there's a little girl jumping up and down next to you saying please, please, please can I get a new Friends set?). But I wish they would still focus on doing more well thought out big sets (Olivia's House, Riding Camp, Heartlake HS) and medium sets (Cafe, Beauty Shop, Stable, Veterinarian's Office) that are distinct from one another and can actually help build out the town of Heartlake. Rather than these one off smaller sets like the cars, food stands/carts, animal habitats, etc.

How odd...Kmart has 3 of the 2014 Friends sets listed on their site already. They're not available for purchase yet. Considering how Kmart has flubbed up its online Lego Friends listings in the past, I'm not going to put too much hope in it...but still, why are they even up if they're supposed to be 2014 sets? Are there anymore new releases expected for the remainder of this year?

Mia's Lemonade Stand

Emma's Lifeguard Post

Stephanie's Newborn Lamb

Guest eightbrick

Kmart (and Sears Canada) have been pretty notorious for doing this in the past. I think I remember there being the Black Gate set "available" about a month before its release on Sears.ca and people ordered only to be shipped a Weathertop. Strange stuff...

• 3 weeks later...

A purple turtle?! Haha, that rhymed funny. Anyway, what turtle in real life is actually purple? Is there such a thing as a purple turtle? Oh wait....

purple-turtle-incorporated.jpg

and....

6612750745_93c37c5053_o.jpg

and....

reading-header-01.jpg

Anywho, I like that baby tiger as it was exactly what I was hoping it would be. :wub: I spot a few rare parts too; always a big plus for me.