LEGO Technic 8070 - Super Car Display

Miiru

Why do they destroy them anyways?

They're weird about stuff. Once I returned a set to a lego store. One of the seals had popped, as they do. The manager had to open it to verify everything was there. Then he said he would have to send it back to corporate to be re-boxed or destroyed.

I wonder if they use fire. Or maybe one of those big junkyard car compactors. A guy can dream...

They're weird about stuff. Once I returned a set to a lego store. One of the seals had popped, as they do. The manager had to open it to verify everything was there. Then he said he would have to send it back to corporate to be re-boxed or destroyed.

I wonder if they use fire. Or maybe one of those big junkyard car compactors. A guy can dream...

It would be interesting if they used fire. Such a sad moment when you see Lego sets burn.

• 2 weeks later...

I got e-mailed by ebay today. They cancelled my auction because the Lego Company does not allow thos displays to be sold on ebay.

They probably gonna punish the vendor now also because they broke their contract with Lego :o

What, really? There are lots of displays for sale on ebay! Maybe you're the first they made a move on... Either way bad luck, dude. You could try Bricklink but I don't think many people would ever see it. That site gets a lot of traffic but it's such a mess. What are your plans now?

Yea there were and are a lot of other displays still being sold, so i do not really get it why they removed mine specifically. Not gonna ask em so others can at least sell theirs.

It does not look like they want it back from me or anything. Maybe it is an Europe only thing, gotta check out the US Laws and stuff :D

Guest TabbyBoy

I got e-mailed by ebay today. They cancelled my auction because the Lego Company does not allow thos displays to be sold on ebay.

They probably gonna punish the vendor now also because they broke their contract with Lego :o

i was contacted by them last Spring as I was selling Shimano XT rear derailleurs (bike bits) which I declared "New" but, they didn't allow that as the items were discontinued and not current (2012 vs. 2013 spec.).  They were in factory sealed packs!  God help us if eBay enforce that stupid rule with Lego.  All Lego have to do is contact eBay to ban retired items being sold as new if they really want to screw us. Claber (gardening/watering eqpt.) already stop eBay sellers from selling their bits as new even if they are.

In my opinion, they SHOULD ban all opened boxes being sold as new.  If a human hand has touched the contents, it's used.  It drives me nuts to find a new set cheap and then read further down, "No Minifigs".

eBay are so up their own arses that we need a new, more tolerant alternative with more realistic selling fees.

BTW... My 8070s will be on eBay (and Gumtree) once the current rush on them is over.

That's bad luck. I have seen a lot of Lego set displays being sold on eBay.