10937 - Batman: Arkham Asylum Breakout

StarCityBrickCompany

I received a couple cases of the new one yesterday and the box art is pretty impressive.  The old one does seem to be more of a gothic asylum over this one which more looks like a older style jail with the lookout towers and sirens etc.  The old one can go more with a haunted theme as well where as the new ones structure seems to be larger size wise looking at the box.

2 totally different styles at least but nowadays with sets coming out so quick after retirement or while the older version is still available (looking at you Elsa's castle) it can definitely hamper growth especially when it was already somewhat struggling.

IMG_5106.JPG

13 hours ago, ravenb99 said:

I received a couple cases of the new one yesterday and the box art is pretty impressive.  The old one does seem to be more of a gothic asylum over this one which more looks like a older style jail with the lookout towers and sirens etc.  The old one can go more with a haunted theme as well where as the new ones structure seems to be larger size wise looking at the box.

2 totally different styles at least but nowadays with sets coming out so quick after retirement or while the older version is still available (looking at you Elsa's castle) it can definitely hamper growth especially when it was already somewhat struggling.

It looks really child friendly. Makes you believe staying in an asylum is almost like a holiday.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ciglione said:

It looks really child friendly. Makes you believe staying in an asylum is almost like a holiday.

It is for the Lego Batman Movie after all.

I don’t there is a problem with this set, everyone knows what it is.  AFOLS know to leave it alone and we (should) know to leave it alone.
The problem was with 10937, which was neither a playset nor strong enough to be a real AFOL set.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Weird cos SH is about the only thing I´ve sold this Xmas, when usually it is the opposite. Maybe because I am now a slow flipping undercutting reseller scum lowlife and it´s easier to sell them on the cheap than for top dollar.

The Lepin copies and overhoarding have nailed the SW market, I guess SH couldn´t go much lower.

Will only keep my last Ant Man Battle as a souvenir of how things could have been.

• Like 1

Back to $300 already and buy box eligible on Amazon. The usual names have sold out and are busy destroying Red 5 and Tumbler. Time to start sniping some more AA on the other platforms. Easy money.

My patience is being tested on those other two but I'm holding the line. It usually pays off for these bigger sets, especially early in their retirement lifecycle.

11 minutes ago, BrickLegacy said:

My patience is being tested on those other two but I'm holding the line. It usually pays off for these bigger sets, especially early in their retirement lifecycle.

2 more years for Red 5 and Tumbler and the usual names will be cleared out on Amazon. These quality big sets really pay off if you have the storage and can wait a few months longer than the majority of the herd.

6 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Or you could have sold AA for 290 bought 25 MC from target at 9$ , sold them for 30 and made way more than waiting for AA to go up 

As always it comes down to the value of time. We are maxed out timewise on more efficient replenishables and will be keeping Lego as passive investments. There is money everywhere on Amazon but not if we all do the same thing :)

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 5.11.2016 at 2:23 PM, Frank Brickowski said:

I bet it won't exceed a worldwide revenue of $ 300 million, meaning less than "Batman Begins". Outside of North America I expect the movie not to be very attractive for (general) audiences. So it will be successful, yes, but not THAT successful, as some around here seem to expect.

So far the Lego Batman Movie has reached "a worldwide gross of $259.9 million" (Wikipedia, as of March 9 2017), which means it will not reach the $ 300 million barrier I mentioned and it will not even come close to the box office result of Batman Begins. Of course the upcoming Ninjago Movie well do worse than that. The novelty bonus of LEGO movies is over. I would recommend never to buy any LEGO movie-related sets for investment ever (again). I for my part have never done so and never will.

TLG already overdid it pretty much with all those movie Batman minifigs - I mean how many are there already? 20? Seems like to only one that has NOT been done is "Jumping the Shark Batman"...

Edited by Frank Brickowski

9 minutes ago, Frank Brickowski said:

So far the Lego Batman Movie has reached "a worldwide gross of $259.9 million" (Wikipedia, as of March 9 2017), which means it will not reach the $ 300 million barrier I mentioned and it will not even come close to the box office result of Batman Begins. Of course the upcoming Ninjago Movie well do worse than that. The novelty bonus of LEGO movies is over. I would recommend never to buy any LEGO movie-related sets for investment ever (again). I for my part have never done so and never will.

Tin-Man-Animation-PSD-with-Logo.gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Frank Brickowski said:

TLG already overdid it pretty much with all those movie Batman minifigs - I mean how many are there already? 20? Seems like to only one that has NOT been done is "Jumping the Shark Batman"...

Do you have kids?  Netflix > Box Office when it comes to selling children on products.  My daughter saw Finding Dory in the theater and thought it was ok.  My kids have now watched it a dozen times on Netflix and we have since bought Dory sheets, Dory pajamas, a few stuffed animals, a book, AND gone back and watched Finding Nemo.  Plenty of kids don't go to the theaters because their parents don't want the hassle.  But all those kids have Netflix :)  I'd say we are still in wait and see mode on this, but I don't yet own any TLBM sets for investment.

Edited by Sfcommando14