60022 - Cargo Terminal

cobi

• 2 months later...

This thread has been dead for a while. Anyone still holding their might want to take a look at how the new airport set is doing and whether it will affect sales / values of this one. I sold mine at Xmas time when they were in demand but if people want to combine this with the new set it could tick up again.

• 1 month later...
Guest TabbyBoy
2 minutes ago, Crustybeaver said:

I had over 50 of these and sold my last one this week. It's been a good earner netting me more than double after fees. While I do see it continuing to climb in value the new set is clearly going to have an impact on sales.

Glad you did well out of them! I've finally shifted my Malevolence's at a better-than-expect profit! The 3182 Airport was a great one when I bought them at -50% from Tesco. I'm ready to jump in on the latest set once it's -50% which it probably will be one day.

1 hour ago, asharerin said:

This set is ripening very nicely in the USA. The new airport coming out is subpar so prices for 60022 are going to keep climbing very well until the next airport in a few years. $299 FBA this Christmas? 

I am not that optimistic, I rather expect the new airport to hurt it. The new one will detract those buyers who just want a random City jet.

Since I have 6 of them, I wouldn't mind if you were right though ;)

Maybe it works both ways - if you want to run an airport you will want more than just one plane. I don think it´s kiddies that are paying so much for 60022 so it may actually help it. Sales seem to have gone up since the new one came out, in any case.

24 minutes ago, makromizer said:

I am not that optimistic, I rather expect the new airport to hurt it. The new one will detract those buyers who just want a random City jet.

Since I have 6 of them, I wouldn't mind if you were right though ;)

Cannot comment on europe but in the USA collectors love the cargo plane. I am not worried at all about the new passenger plane. The next cargo iteration in a few years will be what matters.

Personally I think the Friends Heartlake Airport is much much better than the new passenger terminal.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, asharerin said:

This set is ripening very nicely in the USA. The new airport coming out is subpar so prices for 60022 are going to keep climbing very well until the next airport in a few years. $299 FBA this Christmas? 

Yep, should be great timing for Christmas with this set.