We all love Monster Fighters, but is it a hit for LEGO?

Doofy McGee

Does anybody know if the Monster Fighters line has lived up to what LEGO expected of it? I am not sure if there are public sales numbers or anything like that. I am also aware that the series hasn't been out long, but I am sure there are expectations for it from LEGO. Just wondering how it is doing as a whole. I want to see Monster Fighters stick around, and hopefully have a sequel.

Monster Fighters didn't even come out until May of this year, so I expect it will be around through next Christmas. And with the Haunted House not coming out until September, I'd imagine it will still be around for almost two more years. Here's the other thing... some people (like me) are into the spooky stuff no matter what time of year it is. I can honestly say that when I first saw Monster Fighters in May, i loved it right away, and it had nothing to do with Halloween. I agree that it will do BETTER around Halloween, but I also think it is capable of standing on its own two feet during the rest of the year.

The LEGO Group launches Press Releases several times during the year and does let the public know about basic sales numbers. The Monster Fighter theme is limited in future sets. How many famous, or infamous, monsters are there that LEGO can market? Most modern monsters are too evil for a LEGO set, so it limits future sets. The Monster Fighters might be around another year, but I highly doubt that it will last longer than that. Most LEGO themes are gone after a year or two and this theme will be no different in my opinion.

Interesting post Ed. You make very good points about the amount of remaining monsters out there that LEGO can realistically promote. Incidentally, is there a good way to obtain these LEGO press releases and sales information?

On the bottom of the LEGO.com page there is a link that says PRESS in the About Us section.

On topic...LEGO has had plenty of these types of themes over the years. Creative and cute themes, gone after a year or two. This theme does have the Haunted House, which in itself, increases the value and interest of the entire theme in my opinion.