Lord of the Rings 2014

Guest eightbrick

I know this isn't confirmed or anything... but I'm so psyched for this wave!  :dancing:  Finally we get some Gondor stuff! I agree that 120 might not be enough to do the Minas Tirith justice, but I can't really complain considering just a couple days ago people were thinking we weren't going to get anything. This is awesome news... crosses about half of things off my dream list (Oliphaunt, anyone? :D ). Thank you sir, for making my day!

Sounds good but I agree with others above. Maybe Orthanc isn't selling that well. After all, I know a lot of us are holding out on discounts. 

Need Sauron!!! Excited for Witchking.

A Gothmog mini or Grond set would be cool too.

More trolls would be nice if they did them right but they would probably look too cartoonish like the maxifigs now.

Maybe the Amon Hen will have a better looking Lurtz!

OMG... I hope this is not true.... atleast not the 120$ set for Minas Tirith.... if Only they would atleast only do 2 lvls and then exclusive for 1 more + citadel and make it modular... then it would be ok for 120$ set... 

now it will be a wreckage...

A pray this is not true... or atleast last set is higher priced (200$+)

Boromir in Amon Hen will make the Mines of Moria less valuable since that figure was exclusive until now. And yes, we should be getting a better Lurtz in that set.

I'm also excited about the new sets and I agree with you that Minas Tirith has to be an exclusive along with the Tower of Barad-Dur. Those 3 sets should be the backbone of the whole LOTR theme. Just imagine the playability of that set-up. I bet that if they would make them like that sales would go up drastically because you could recreate the battles and half of Middle earth in your living room.

Too awesome! :santa:

Boromir in Amon Hen will make the Mines of Moria less valuable since that figure was exclusive until now. And yes, we should be getting a better Lurtz in that set.

I'm also excited about the new sets and I agree with you that Minas Tirith has to be an exclusive along with the Tower of Barad-Dur. Those 3 sets should be the backbone of the whole LOTR theme. Just imagine the playability of that set-up. I bet that if they would make them like that sales would go up drastically because you could recreate the battles and half of Middle earth in your living room.

Too awesome! :santa:

Getting a new Lurtz in the set would make the set LESS appealing to me personally....

Id rather they stick with 2x armored uruk hai with shields and swords.... for army building.... Boromir is my favorite LOTR character so I dont mind getting more and hair from Merry (+ sword) is always useful)

I just wish instead of Ruins we would get like 2 trees so I can build landscape easier lol

But Lurtz in the set would be a huge waste imo... 

Lurtz + Boromir would de-value pretty much both Mines and Orc Forge then lol

Sounds like a darn good wave to me.  We will finally get Galadriel in a cheap set, Amon Hen sounds so-so, though I like getting more Uruk-Hai.  Osgiliath SHOULD have Faramir.  Witch-King set will be freaking awesome as we would get Eowyn, Witch King, and a Fell Beast.  Minas Tirith will probably be a let down.  There's no way under $300 that you could do that site justice.  It will end up being the same size as Helm's Deep which we know is way undersized.  I will definitely buy it, but a guy might have to pick up a couple to increase the size a bit.

I was really hoping for some sort of battle packs.  Could you imagine how fast those would fly off the shelves if Lego made Rohirrim or Gondor soldier battle packs?

As for Sauron, his physical form is barely in the movies, not sure what Lego would do to fit him in, though he would be welcome. 

If the news is true, the future valuation of Attack on Weathertop does not look too bright.

On the other hand, the Fellbeast is a freakin no brainer :)

It says to contain the minifigure but not the dark horse they ride so Attack on Weathertop will still hold some value. Course if it ended up with the horse as well then, well, the writings on the wall I guess.

Is it not fitting?

I liked Boromir. I am someone who can't really like someone the best if they even live through a third of the trilogy. I mean really?

I gotta go with Aragorn or Legolas there.

technically Boromir live over 1/3 if we look by books :P he died in 1st chapter of the 2nd book.... but not sure how thats pages wise...

Anyway he is the coolest member of the fellowship I mean if you just read the book (which i did fbefore movies came out) then you see even his introduction is pretty much longer than all other members introduction combined (At council)  

Anyhow to me he is the coolest character of the fellowship.... In movie (sadly) they made Gimli too much comic relief, Aragorn (to me) is too cliche good sensitive guy and Legolas.... well I never really liked the characteristics of Elves apart from some exceptions like Finrod Felagund and similar.... 

Anyhow I am in for a major disappointment if Minas Tirith is indeed a ''whole'' structure for 120$ price point... that would just be totally disappointing lol