TMNT 2014

Sir von Lego on Eurobricks has given some tiny bits of detail for the 2014 LEGO Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles sets. Again, there will be seven sets in the next wave, four for the Nickelodeon animated series and three for the upcoming film. Unfortunately, there are no details for the movie sets.

Karais (Karai) escape on a bike (79118)

Wow, I think that this is pretty cool. I did like how they did the turtles in the first wave of sets. I thought they were awesome with their turtle shells and everyone has a skateboard and weapons. However, because of this I do not see how Lego is going to introduce some new variety into the figures for the new sets. They did repeat some of the figures with new heads, but that seems minor and not a reason for someone to "collect them all." I wonder if the new sets will do well for playability and number of bricks or if people will just see too many of the same figures? I guess I don't follow tmnt lately, just going off what I grew up with. Anyone know what the plan is for these new sets yet? Looks like a new movie, does that mean there are some new characters?

While some of my fellow AFOL friends could care less about TMNT Lego, I am actually a big fan of them.  I grew up watching the TMNT cartoons and playing with the TMNT action figures.  From an investment standpoint I'm not really sure where this theme is going to go.  It doesn't seem to be a huge hit, but I guess time will tell.  I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of the new 2014 sets listed above.......I really wish Lego would do a big TMNT set kind of like they did with the Arkham Asylum set for Batman, rather than a bunch of $30-60 sets.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sir von Lego on Eurobricks has given some tiny bits of detail for the 2014 LEGO Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles sets. Again, there will be seven sets in the next wave, four for the Nickelodeon animated series and three for the upcoming film. Unfortunately, there are no details for the movie sets.

Karais (Karai) escape on a bike (79118)

I picked up the Lair set and Baxter's mech.  The figs are great but I am with most and don't see how they can do much variety with the turtles.  Might need to pick up the Shredder bike too.

As far as the movie goes, I heard the turtles were "alien" not mutant.  Is that true? If so, that would be blasphemy.

• 2 weeks later...

This was posted on the Eurobricks forums by one of their reputable members.  No great set pictures have been released yet:

2014 TMNT

• 79115 Turtle Van Takedown $40
  • 79116 Big Rig Snow Getaway $70
  • 79117 Turtle Lair Invasion $100
  • 79118 Karai Bike Escape $13
  • 79119 Mutation Chamber Unleashed $25
  • 79120 T-Rawket Sky Strike $35
  • 79121 Turtle Sub Undersea Chase $60

This was posted on the Eurobricks forums by one of their reputable members.  No great set pictures have been released yet:

2014 TMNT

• 79115 Turtle Van Takedown $40
  • 79116 Big Rig Snow Getaway $70
  • 79117 Turtle Lair Invasion $100
  • 79118 Karai Bike Escape $13
  • 79119 Mutation Chamber Unleashed $25
  • 79120 T-Rawket Sky Strike $35
  • 79121 Turtle Sub Undersea Chase $60

TOK beat you to posting those details (see above) but thanks for reminding us about the $100 set. Really excited about that!!!

Doh, thanks for letting me know... I can't wait to see pics of the new Lair, or whatever it's going to be.

Whatcha doin invadin' my turf!! :bug: Haha.

post-9792-0-35055200-1387463233_thumb.jp

Huh, so that is their idea of how to make the turtles different this time around. Well, at least Raphael's outfit is kinda cool but I have absolutely no freakin' idea what the heck that beetle thing is at the top. :blink: Actually, I'm not sure I want to know.

Huh, so that is their idea of how to make the turtles different this time around. Well, at least Raphael's outfit is kinda cool but I have absolutely no freakin' idea what the heck that beetle thing is at the top. :blink: Actually, I'm not sure I want to know.

That would be Spider Bytez.  http://tmnt2012series.wikia.com/wiki/Spider_Bytez

The alligator thing in the lower half is Leatherhead.  http://tmnt2012series.wikia.com/wiki/Leatherhead