Classic Castle score of the year

vincevaughn

Alright, first let me say that I am usually not one to post the "hey look at what I got" thread.  But I scored big and I know there are some classic castle fans out there who can appreciate my latest craigslist haul.  And I hope any fan of Lego and Lego investing can appreciate this to a point.  I know it warms my heart and brings a giant smile to my face still.

Almost all sets from the '80's and '90's with original boxes and instructions.  I have built three of the sets so far and all have been 100% complete so I am very optimistic on the rest.  The two 6008 Royal Knights are still sealed (A small set but still pretty awesome for being 18 years old).  Plus a big bag of random minifigs, weapons and pieces.

It will take me a few months to inventory them and get a solid gauge on the value.  But just from the bigger sets I am sitting on some pretty big profit to be had. 

bp_1382238321__castlescore.jpg

• Like 1

Alright, first let me say that I am usually not one to post the "hey look at what I got" thread.  But I scored big and I know there are some classic castle fans out there who can appreciate my latest craigslist haul.  And I hope any fan of Lego and Lego investing can appreciate this to a point.  I know it warms my heart and brings a giant smile to my face still.

Almost all sets from the '80's and '90's with original boxes and instructions.  I have built three of the sets so far and all have been 100% complete so I am very optimistic on the rest.  The two 6008 Royal Knights are still sealed (A small set but still pretty awesome for being 18 years old).  Plus a big bag of random minifigs, weapons and pieces.

It will take me a few months to inventory them and get a solid gauge on the value.  But just from the bigger sets I am sitting on some pretty big profit to be had. 

Those are pretty badass! I have around 5 of those from when I was a kid.  (none in new boxes) Good score! I like it!  How much are they worth?

The seller only posted six of the bigger sets and just said "there are a bunch of smaller sets too."  I pulled the prices from brickpicker and plugged them into a quick spreadsheet.  Needless to say when the value went north of 700 I immediately emailed him lol.  I am in the process of building a more detailed spreadsheet breakout of everything as I go through each set so I do not know the exact numbers yet.

So you were the other guy! haha  you beat me out of this deal.  I am glad someone on here got the haul.  I was planning on driving two hours to get this collection, but he said you would beat whatever price I threw out.  Good score.  

Ha ha I was wondering if the other guy was someone on here.  Kinda had a feeling when the seller told me you were going to be driving a couple hours and were asking for the set numbers.  What I find interesting is that I never said I would beat any price.  I came up with a hard line number and offered that and said if the other guy offers more they are his.  And I was fully prepared to let it go at that.  The seller called me back later that day and I headed out there (about a 45 minute drive for me).

No hard feelings I hope.  Were you looking to resell or for your collection?

Don't feel bad.  I actually lucked out about a month ago with classic castle stuff.  I bought a bin of 80s sets that ended up netting me about 750.

I would have probably sold most and kept some.  I did a break down of the sets when considering how much I would purchase them for.  I just did not have the funds ready to go.  Below is my research based on recent ebay prices.  The first number is the low guess and the next number is the high guess.  I hope it is useful to you. I would imagine because the boxes are there it will lean to the higher price.   

6059-25-40

6056-10-20

6062-50-70

6077-60-90

6066-40-70

6076-40-80

6082-40-50

6071-80-100

6075-35-50

6008-12-18

6008-12-18

6039-20-25

1596-13-25

6018-10-15

6009-5-10

6034-10-20

6042-15-25

6057-25-40

6038-15-30

1624-5-7

6245-5-10

6265-25-30

6041-30-50

6035-15-20

Amazing score. I have not seen half of those sets.

Guest eightbrick

The Gem of the collection of the line is missing though... Black Knight's Castle :P

True... but he did end up with the big four forestman sets  :sorcerer:

Don't feel bad.  I actually lucked out about a month ago with classic castle stuff.  I bought a bin of 80s sets that ended up netting me about 750.

I would have probably sold most and kept some.  I did a break down of the sets when considering how much I would purchase them for.  I just did not have the funds ready to go.  Below is my research based on recent ebay prices.  The first number is the low guess and the next number is the high guess.  I hope it is useful to you. I would imagine because the boxes are there it will lean to the higher price.   

6059-25-40

6056-10-20

6062-50-70

6077-60-90

6066-40-70

6076-40-80

6082-40-50

6071-80-100

6075-35-50

6008-12-18

6008-12-18

6039-20-25

1596-13-25

6018-10-15

6009-5-10

6034-10-20

6042-15-25

6057-25-40

6038-15-30

1624-5-7

6245-5-10

6265-25-30

6041-30-50

6035-15-20

Thank you much....so far those numbers are matching what I am coming up with....Nice to have some validation.

so um, how much did you pay?

Total paid was 300 (to include a healthy allowance for gas to and from)

So many of those i want top open and make a huge world

This combined with my previous classic castle haul does make a very tempting scene.  I am thinking of putting them all together and having a nice battle/siege scene before starting to sell :P

The Gem of the collection of the line is missing though... Black Knight's Castle :P

Anyway how much you paid for all that or I missed it?

True... but he did end up with the big four forestman sets  :sorcerer:

I have a Black Knight's Castle from a previous haul....would love to have the original box on that one but I am not going to complain.  And the Forestmen sets made my day.  They were before my time as a kid and I inherited one of the sets from an older cousin.  Always wanted them all from the catalogs so this will be a great trip down memory lane as I build them.