10250 Year of the Snake

Quacs

Can anyone from Asia tell me how available 10250 Year of the Snake is in local toy stores?  Is it in most toy stores, or is it a Lego Store exclusive?  Does it appear to be in stock, or is it now out of stock? 

Thanks for your insight! 

I am not from Asia, but here is what Brickset.com says about the set:  To celebrate the Chinese Year of the Snake. Available in Carrefour, China, Jan 2013. Link. From what I can see, it was only available in one city for about a month.

Guest TabbyBoy

Since it's only of major appeal to the Chinese, I don't expect this to be a big player in Western markets.  Even though I was born in the year of the snake, I'm still going to pass on having one of these for myself.  I've emailed my colleagues in Hong Kong to check regional stock for me as they often visit the UK and can bring a bunch over if a market exists.  I think the best way for these to be worth a lot, is if someone has the other 11 animals of the Chinese zodiac as/when they are released.

Since it's only of major appeal to the Chinese, I don't expect this to be a big player in Western markets.  Even though I was born in the year of the snake, I'm still going to pass on having one of these for myself.  I've emailed my colleagues in Hong Kong to check regional stock for me as they often visit the UK and can bring a bunch over if a market exists.  I think the best way for these to be worth a lot, is if someone has the other 11 animals of the Chinese zodiac as/when they are released.

Yup - if this becomes a theme and one is released every year, everyone will want the first, and limited availability will launch this one through the roof.

I think the US market will jump for this if later releases of the theme are made available across here.  Think about what the Shinkhai Submarine sells for on eBay now - anywhere between $270 - $380!  This theme would be much more collectible with an icon representing each year.  Collectibility would be huge.