4x4 Limited Edition Crawler - mini style!

TheOrcKing

Now TLG can release another 20,000 that number from 20,001 to 40,000 but are extra special because they also include this mini version.  

Stirring the pot I see. :goodjob:

You should cross post this in the main crawler thread, it needs new life to stay on the heels of the What Lego set did you buy today? thread.

Guest TabbyBoy

Stirring the pot I see. :goodjob:

You should cross post this in the main crawler thread, it needs new life to stay on the heels of the What Lego set did you buy today? thread.

i don't see any reason why they can't produce another 20,000 in a different colour and call it say, the 41888?  Since it's different, Lego aren't going back on their word.  Then.... both sets together as pairs will then be worth more than both separately.  If I worked for Lego, I'd be a hellraiser.

i don't see any reason why they can't produce another 20,000 in a different colour and call it say, the 41888?  Since it's different, Lego aren't going back on their word.  Then.... both sets together as pairs will then be worth more than both separately.  If I worked for Lego, I'd be a hellraiser.

I think whether Lego produces another one depends on factors we could never predict... It's entirely likely that all 20,000 were produced at the same time (not debating that they obviously didn't ship them at the same time). When they were done with that at the end of July (the contest winner was at the factory in July where the sets were being boxed), wouldn't they "retool" the assembly line to move onto a different set? No way they would leave it idle waiting to see how popular the set was. So they would have to factor in the cost of changing the assembly line again to produce more which would affect production on another set.

I've got two crawlers I am seriously considering keeping .. and changing the colours of one if I can find all the right pieces in a different colour.

Which one of us is going to build this and get selling on eBay first?  CUUSOO is not patented until production, right?

I probably have all the pieces needed to build this set, but I am bot sure if they are in the right color. Plus, building the set would be very hard with instructions.

If anyone is willing to attempt a similar version in CAD or LDD and could produce some instructions and part list I would be very interested and even could compensate so that we can build a similar model to sit next to our larger version...PM me if interested. I would like to contact the original creator but cant figure out how and he will most likely be reluctant to provide the instructions...Awesome Model Excellent Creativity!!!

• 4 weeks later...