21019 - The Eiffel Tower

srm_520

• 1 month later...

I remember seeing somewhere Lego actually officially announced the set, but I can't for the life of me remember when or where I saw this. I'm sure it will be early sometime next year. I personally am not that big of a fan of the architecture series, but my wife loves it. I bought her the Leaning Tower of Pisa and the White house. Put together, it's a interesting little set. I don't mind them too much, and this definitely has some appeal. I'm sure I will buy this soon enough so the wife can add to her collection lol.

I remember seeing somewhere Lego actually officially announced the set, but I can't for the life of me remember when or where I saw this. I'm sure it will be early sometime next year. I personally am not that big of a fan of the architecture series, but my wife loves it. I bought her the Leaning Tower of Pisa and the White house. Put together, it's a interesting little set. I don't mind them too much, and this definitely has some appeal. I'm sure I will buy this soon enough so the wife can add to her collection lol.

Do you know how jealous I am of you?  I would give two Tower Bridges and R2-D2 to hear that my wife loves the architecture series!  Hers is more of a - ahh, Lego is okay - I'll tolerate your addiction... :(

Do you know how jealous I am of you?  I would give two Tower Bridges and R2-D2 to hear that my wife loves the architecture series! Hers is more of a - ahh, Lego is okay - I'll tolerate your addiction... :(

DEAL! I'll PM you my address so you can send over those sets and I'll have my wife convince yours that Lego is awesome! haha :P

I have both Tower Bridge and R2D2, and even she thinks they are awesome sauce. I've also got her into modulars as well. We have Palace Cinema, Pet Shop, Grand Emporium, and Fire Brigade.

I was honestly somewhat surprised to see her get into it like me. Best of wishes. Hopefully your wife will come around.

• Like 1

I am hoping the rumors are true and this set is released in January.  Really like this one and look forward to adding it to my Architecture collection.

I hope the rumors are true, but I will not be picking it up for a while. I will wait for some discounts on the set before I buy it.

you should get the older one, it's friggin HUGE and a pretty nifty build, though I don't recommend it if you have cats, it's fragile as all hell

Would love to snag the older model just don't know if I want to shell out the money needed.  Maybe one day I will bite the bullet.  I do like the larger scale models though.

you should get the older one, it's friggin HUGE and a pretty nifty build, though I don't recommend it if you have cats, it's fragile as all hell

I REALLY want that set, but I do not have the money to spend on a set of that size. Maybe I can bricklink the set one day so I can have the set.

I REALLY want that set, but I do not have the money to spend on a set of that size. Maybe I can bricklink the set one day so I can have the set.

Can we order pieces specific to a set using the brick link database (and not by looking up each piece)? I'd love to brick link the Taj Mahal and Eiffel Tower (I regret not buying them before as a college student on a budget), better that than buying used. But the time spent is important, so an upload of the parts list and direct links to where to buy from would be great. Does this exist? Any other pointers?

I believe you would have to go to the inventory page of the set in question and add each piece in the correct quantity to your Wanted List.  Then search the Bricklink stores by "unique lot" for the stores that have the most pieces available, and commence ordering!  The longest part of this effort would be to add the pieces to your inventory.  Literally, you have to go piece type by piece type and add the correct quantity of each to your Wanted List.  Very tedious for an almost 6,000 piece set.