10220 - Volkswagen T1 Camper Van

odenisblazin

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bricklectic said:

Well, that's a T2 camper alright. The front windshield's upper angle should be steeper and the bottom base around said windshield going into the sides more rounded but far as LEGO models goes they managed to make something similar without simply repeating themselves. Roughly a thousand more pieces yet the build seems slimmer than the former vehicle by using a lot of various tiling across the sides smoothing it all out. The more I look at the finished product, the more I like it. And the blue (could be medium azure) is a nice calming contrast to the T1's vibrant red.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Mark Twain said:

What’s the purpose of a Camper Van that can’t take you more than a state away without a charge?  You’ll be spending more time camping at charging stations than in the woods. 

Edited by Mathew

Looks really cool, but "probably more than 200 miles" is kind of pathetic for this vehicle.

That’s about standard for most entry level battery packs and more or less inline with what we are seeing with the entry level battery on the Rivian at 250 miles and 230 miles for the Ford Lightning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Mark Twain said:

That’s about standard for most entry level battery packs and more or less inline with what we are seeing with the entry level battery on the Rivian at 250 miles and 230 miles for the Ford Lightning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hence why EV are no where near ready for mass consumer use. 

32 minutes ago, minicoopers11 said:

That's a very debatable leap. I would argue EV's are nowhere near ready for mass consumer use due to lack of charging in multi-family housing.

Right. Total agreement. How are people who live in apartment complexes and commute to low paying retail jobs going to manage EVs?  They are not feasible until the infrastructure is in place where efficient (Fast as in under 10 minutes) charging stations are as ubiquitous as gas stations are today.