10220 - Volkswagen T1 Camper Van

odenisblazin

Hopefully whatever the next car is, it's hood will be rounded instead if jagged like R2D2's dome and the VW Beetle's hood.

R2-D2's jagged dome has grown on me...

Call me old fashion but too many round pieces takes away from the imagination of Legos (or any toy for that matter).

Going off on a tangent:  Play is supposed to be about imagination and creativity.  Too much detail (stickers, specialty pieces, etc...) takes that away.

Maybe I'm just old enough to remember playing in the gutters with rocks and paper boats... :twitch:

to each their own :)  ha

i'm older also. 

R2-D2's jagged dome has grown on me...

Call me old fashion but too many round pieces takes away from the imagination of Legos (or any toy for that matter).

Going off on a tangent:  Play is supposed to be about imagination and creativity.  Too much detail (stickers, specialty pieces, etc...) takes that away.

Maybe I'm just old enough to remember playing in the gutters with rocks and paper boats... :twitch:

• Like 1

http://news.yahoo.com/end-road-vw-39-iconic-camper-vans-050456818.html

EOL for the real vans (I thought it was years ago...)

That's the T2 Transporter, the T1 Transporter (that's the Lego model) production has stopped years ago in 1967. http://news.yahoo.com/end-road-vw-39-iconic-camper-vans-050456818.html

And that Brazilian thing wasnt a real classic T2 anymore, other engine, other intirior, big radiator, etc... 

• Like 1

the T1 camper is till available on LEGO Shop at Home for 119.99, however it i selling on ebay for between 140 and 160. what is going on here? is it EOL soon? and even if it is, why don't people just buy from LEGO Shop at Home? 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-LEGO-10220-CREATOR-VOLKSWAGON-T1-CAMPER-VAN-MICRO-BUS-NISB-RARE-VW-COLLECTOR-/181283122331?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item2a3550ec9b

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Volkswagen-T1-Camper-Van-10220

the T1 camper is till available on LEGO Shop at Home for 119.99, however it i selling on ebay for between 140 and 160. what is going on here? is it EOL soon? and even if it is, why don't people just buy from LEGO Shop at Home? 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-LEGO-10220-CREATOR-VOLKSWAGON-T1-CAMPER-VAN-MICRO-BUS-NISB-RARE-VW-COLLECTOR-/181283122331?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item2a3550ec9b

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Volkswagen-T1-Camper-Van-10220

Nope, underpriced according to overseas standards. My cousin paid $200USD for it in Hong Kong. I know a few indonesians who paid $250USD for it in Indonesia, so there you go.

• Like 1

Nope, underpriced according to overseas standards. My cousin paid $200USD for it in Hong Kong. I know a few indonesians who paid $250USD for it in Indonesia, so there you go.

so your saying that all these sales are through the GSP?

EDIT: I guess my real question is: should i buy a bunch of these on LEGO Shop at Home now since these inflated prices can be seen as a sign of retirement? (with fast growth at that) or, are these prices holiday spikes that will correct themselves in january, thus making an invesment in campers a waste of capital?

I have no idea. It could also be friends buying for friends, then their relatives come over and take them. If they can't find them at the lego store, they'll do anything. I'm in Canada and the lego store does not have any T1 Campers on the shelf. I only have 2 and I paid $135 taxes included. I'll be regretting not buying more. This thing is a guaranteed triple. Take it to the bank. If not, more.

EDIT: I guess my real question is: should i buy a bunch of these on LEGO Shop at Home now since these inflated prices can be seen as a sign of retirement? (with fast growth at that) or, are these prices holiday spikes that will correct themselves in january, thus making an invesment in campers a waste of capital?

You could buy and get some VIP points. This thing is rarely discounted anywhere in the world but the US. I've been to the lego store on a weekly basis in canada and this sucker was never discounted. Retails for $129 up here.

I don't think this set is near retirement yet. It's available from LEGO Shop at Home, the lego store and major retailers in the UK yet the eBay UK price has jumped to above RRP. I put it down to people being thick :) or addicted to eBay. But as sellers that why we like them.

I recommend buying this when its discounted or at the next double vip points time.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

I don't think this set is near retirement yet. It's available from LEGO Shop at Home, the lego store and major retailers in the UK yet the eBay UK price has jumped to above RRP. I put it down to people being thick :) or addicted to eBay. But as sellers that why we like them.

I recommend buying this when its discounted or at the next double vip points time.

Yes, there are a lot of impatient amoeba in the UK that just can't be be bothered to open their eyes, use their single-celled brain and shop around.  For example, John Lewis has them for

Guest TabbyBoy

NOOOOOO!!!!!!! Don't tell me that, I am done shopping for before Christmas!!

But I am planning to fill my free PAB boxes on the 31st (weather permitting) and the Watford store is only about 50m from John Lewis.Hmmmmmmm :)

Guess who just bought all the remaining Fire Planes from Asda a few minutes ago? (