10220 - Volkswagen T1 Camper Van

odenisblazin

Guest TabbyBoy
1 minute ago, Padolski said:

So do I buy this at 30% below retail? I have the opportunity to do so from a local seller here, sealed box.

You may as well as you'll be lucky to see it that cheap at a retailer. You'll need to hold for many years before making a profit as there's an enormous amount of sellers waiting for it to retire.

4 hours ago, Padolski said:

So do I buy this at 30% below retail? I have the opportunity to do so from a local seller here, sealed box.

You'll get a better deal off LEGO Shop at Home if you wait until later in the year, with Christmas promos and double VIP. My effective buy in last November on a couple of these was about 60% off.

• 2 months later...
8 minutes ago, Sozial said:

One of my biggest regrets. I guess every reseller has a ton of them and it will take ages to get upto 150€/US$

We were optimistic that PS was sold for so long due to popularity and that has been a damp squib on the reseller market now, except in Germany where it was harder to find.

T1 is obviously a good seller but we will need great discounts to see any short or medium term return. It could even be a remake candidate in the future. I only have 2 and one was free so it´s not my worst investment.

So, to recap ...

We now have rumours that the Mini Cooper is going to retire this year. (source: Lego Store manager).

We have the "Last Chance" picture of the Ferrari F40 from the USA Fall Catalogue, where "Last Chance" apparently means it should be Retiring Soon.

And we still have the oldest of them all, the T1 Camper Van, which apparently still sells well but which set we at Brickpicker would wish to receive a final retirement this year... :P 

34 minutes ago, Haay said:

So, to recap ...

We now have rumours that the Mini Cooper is going to retire this year. (source: Lego Store manager).

We have the "Last Chance" picture of the Ferrari F40 from the USA Fall Catalogue, where "Last Chance" apparently means it should be Retiring Soon.

And we still have the oldest of them all, the T1 Camper Van, which apparently still sells well but which set we at Brickpicker would wish to receive a final retirement this year... :P 

And the Caterham, which will retire this year and the Beetle and bus that won´t.

• 2 months later...
Guest TabbyBoy
50 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

Looks like this set is about to get another sales bump in UK just in time for xmas.

... and other bump just before Hell freezes over. I've sold my Tower Bridges at a small loss and I think it's time to do the same with my T1s. There's no point keeping stock for another 5 years! I did hear from a huge-scale LEGO investor that the T1 is being produced until at least 2020 which is why he doesn't have any! He has no Tower Bridges, Mini Cooper or Big Ben either!

I don't think the Mini will go any time soon as LEGO stil have the BMW licence for the Technic Bike.

All we know is that when EOL is announced on these evergreen sets, the shelves will be stripped within seconds.

Edited by TabbyBoy

Guest TabbyBoy
On 21/09/2017 at 3:04 PM, Sozial said:

One of my biggest regrets. I guess every reseller has a ton of them and it will take ages to get upto 150€/US$

Your being optimistic. I think £100, €110, $125 tops and that'll be years away or maybe never. There's just too many out there so I'm going to dump all mine soon and make a small loss. I had no regrets whatsoever losing £15 on each Tower Bridge as I've made that money back and then some.

Guest TabbyBoy
2 hours ago, exciter1 said:

Just FYI, I waited until the week after Christmas to sell mine on Amazon last year. They were OOS and selling swiftly for $150 - $155.

All well and good, but what about returns when a buyer can get it cheaper from a shop? In the UK, we HAVE to offer a return policy by law if trading. We have no choice, but to wait for EOL when the market will be saturated for years!

Edited by TabbyBoy
cockup

2 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

All well and good, but what about returns when a buyer can get it cheaper from a shop? In the UK, we HAVE to offer a return policy by law if trading. We have no choice, but to wait for EOL when the market will be saturated for years!

Worked out well, sellers know what the policies are, for the most part.

• 4 months later...

Not 100% Confident, but I am pretty sure they updated the box design of this model. I was in the Lego store and saw them on shelf. Didn't take a picture but I think they removed the right side Expert bar. Box seems deeper, but not as tall. Possibly the same width. I think they changed the box for 10252 also. They are the same size.

Edited by CosmicSpeed
words

2 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

*sigh*  I'm way too deep on this.  If they don't get rid of this soon, I'll end up building a hell of a big VW Bus.

I think I've mentioned this a few times.  Dump right after XMas when stock is gone everywhere.  They usually go for $150-$175.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1