Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

My wife (aka Mrs. Profit Eater) decided my daughter absolutely needed the American Girl of the Year doll from the year she was born, of course several years later.  Mr./Mrs Reseller helped me out with this. You're welcome, Happy ****** Holidays!!!

And people say LEGO is expensive.... AG dolls are like $120 for a basic doll, and leaving the store without parting with at least $200 is virtually impossible...

• Like 3

AG must be a side effect of LEGO reselling.  I'm in the same boat.  

Every year AG has a fundraiser for the Madison Children's museum and they sell a lot of their dolls for around $50.  They are usually the girls that were returned to the store, but they looked new to me. it's a huge sale and most of the other stuff is really cheap (as in I can stomach the price).  The sale is in Middleton WI (right next to Madison).  Depending on how much you spend, it may be worth the trip.

• Like 1

I wanted to buy an $8 item as a gift, but shipping is $10.  The same item is on ebay at $25 shipped so the natural solution was to spend $100 in gifts, get a discount plus free shipping and have extra gifts.

Then of course paypal would only accept US paypal accounts so I had to use a card and pay a little extra.

Bah, humbug.  I need to build Lego when I get home to release my Christmas fury.

Edited by redghostx
  • Like 2

I'm going to complain about myself.

Why have I been really bad about recording, filing, and inventory for the last year and a half?  

I'm finally catching up on my spreadsheet.  I've got extensive hand written lists, a bucket full of receipts (and email full of receipts).  But geez, if I'd just do this work when I buy things, it'd be so much easier.

• Like 5

Halfway through detective office and I drop some olive oil on the baseplate, oil is everywhere, I need to take almost half of the tiles on baseplate off as oil.has gotten everywhere *sigh*

Think I might just shelf that set and start brick bank as can't be bothered building again.

Guest TabbyBoy

I just stepped on our cat's tail and I stumbled, trod on a White House that I had just packed to post to a friend for Xmas so there's my excuse to build one! That Tabby owes me a mint White House! Then again, the 6 pints I just had with my curry may have impaired my dexterity somewhat.

3 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

64 year old lady wants to meet after 9pm to buy a Hatchimal from my CL post . I don't know about granny but that's when I go to bed 

I hope your date goes well, good luck!

55 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Why have I been really bad about recording, filing, and inventory for the last year and a half?  

I'm finally catching up on my spreadsheet.  I've got extensive hand written lists, a bucket full of receipts (and email full of receipts).  But geez, if I'd just do this work when I buy things, it'd be so much easier.

I had the same issue. I run PortoDB on my phone and keep the database on my phone.  It's quicker/easier to record the purchase on my phone than to walk over to the PC and record it there. 

• Like 2

I had the same issue. I run PortoDB on my phone and keep the database on my phone.  It's quicker/easier to record the purchase on my phone than to walk over to the PC and record it there. 

I wrote an app with AppSheet that connects to my spreadsheet on Google Docs. I have it set up to display multiple different types of items, allows me to edit items, input new items, add info when it sells, etc. I just finished it last month.

If I really had my way, I'd rather do something in SharePoint.
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

I always need a kick in the rear to get myself started too.

Usually I get started when the floor is too covered with boxes to reach my desk.

Going to Five Below to make sure your son happy and walking in to immediately to see the previously hard for me to find Emmet Lego Dimensions fun pack for $5 that I just paid $11.99 for last week.  This pack was not there for the fairly recent Five Below 2 for $5 sale.  I also saw the witch and Wonder Woman fun packs there too.  Ugh!  On the plus side, I was able to smoosh the last minifig I needed to complete our Series 16 collection.  At least I was able to score the Back to Future Level pack for half price last week, so that helps to ease my pain. :( 

2 minutes ago, redghostx said:

2cm of snow in Vancouver. Canadians will understand my pain.

That's like 2cm of snow in London. Public Transit comes to a screeching halt. People stockpile supplies. Heathrow closed. Blizzard headlines. (Yeah, I witnessed this in 2002).

• Like 1