Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

24 minutes ago, BearCrash said:

Having to wait two more years for the next season of Westworld.

Just started the season last night....I'll be complaining about that shortly :smile: 

Edit: TWO more years?! I'm going to go buy some pitchforks!!!

8 minutes ago, MarleyMoose said:

Walking Dead.... smh

Ugh....zombie shows...how original...excuse me while I get back to Game of Thrones, here.... :smile:

Edited by minicoopers11

9 hours ago, lego rules said:

the first 2cm of snow in the GTA and people can't drive either.

Don't forget to include Montreal in that list. This is good stuff (scroll down to see the video)... what does an icy hill + multiple vehicles/2 buses/a police car/a large truck/a snowplow truck equal? One hella funny video.

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/national/this-viral-video-from-montreal-puts-ottawa-traffic-problems-to-sham

Edited by gregpj
my bad, not Ottawa
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, redghostx said:

A family member NOW wants a hatchimal for her 2 year old.  Has anyone had success convincing people to not want one...

Spent 10 minutes talking my 8 year old out of it.  There's a couple of videos out there about how complicated these things are, and how quickly kids are tossing them aside because they're losing interest in them quickly.

This is not something for a 2 year old.  The 2 year old will just hit it, stick it in it's mouth, and then forget it in a few days.  Even my 8 year old though, would not have the patience for this thing.

Paying retail for shipping boxes.

I lucked out last night. Had an item that had just sold fit perfectly into a box for an item that arrived that day. I QFLL'd the shipping box.

To keep with the thread, tho, I hate it when an item ends up weighing just over 16 oz (say, 1 lb 1 oz) because I can't find a box that will fit the item AND keep it at/below 16 oz.
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

I lucked out last night. Had an item that had just sold fit perfectly into a box for an item that arrived that day. I QFLL'd the shipping box.

To keep with the thread, tho, I hate it when an item ends up weighing just over 16 oz (say, 1 lb 1 oz) because I can't find a box that will fit the item AND keep it at/below 16 oz.

There's quite a bit of flap-cutting you can do to get it to go under 16.0 lbs :) Believe me, I've done it.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, gregpj said:

I sure hope you can get a 1lb 1oz package under 16.0 lbs. ;)

Hey, it was a loooooooooong day. FLL preparations, making 3 presentation boards, working on some final robot missions, then teaching 2 classes and racing to the Friday night judging sessions to make sure all 9 kids behave and do well. Tomorrow 8am-4pm robot competition. Didn't sleep much the last few nights. Poop happens.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Hey, it was a loooooooooong day. FLL preparations, making 3 presentation boards, working on some final robot missions, then teaching 2 classes and racing to the Friday night judging sessions to make sure all 9 kids behave and do well. Tomorrow 8am-4pm robot competition. Didn't sleep much the last few nights. Poop happens.

At least you stayed on topic with a follow up complaint.

;) heheh, sorry, too easy today!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Speaking of robot missions, I bought my 5year old the ozobot based on your comment about it a while back.  I'm looking forward to it, but I'll use this post as a placeholder for a complaint if it turns into a headache or another expensive hobby.

11 minutes ago, lazuli16 said:

Speaking of robot missions, I bought my 5year old the ozobot based on your comment about it a while back.  I'm looking forward to it, but I'll use this post as a placeholder for a complaint if it turns into a headache or another expensive hobby.

Ozobots are fun. Not expensive at all (unless you count the cost of reams of paper and tons of black markers).

• Like 1

found a lonely ps4 lego dimensions starter pack (supergirl version) yesterday at target. today I decided to check the contents and boom. no supergirl. after careful inspection I find out that a scumbag returned the set without the supergirl polybag. 

IMG_1450.JPG

Edited by sunkenbrick
Added pic
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, sunkenbrick said:

found a lonely ps4 lego dimensions starter pack (supergirl version) yesterday at target. today I decided to check the contents and boom. no supergirl. after careful inspection I find out that a scumbag returned the set without the supergirl polybag.

I inspected the Starter Pack I picked up at Meijer yesterday very carefully as well. Interestingly enough it had double seals on one side, marked with 'WKR'. I believe they opened a previously sealed unit to insert the Supergirl polybag and then resealed that side. "They" being TLG. Mine turned out to be fine btw.

19 hours ago, sunkenbrick said:

This has been happening quite a bit.