Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

I was putting away some 75913 - Ferrari Scuderia truck sets tonight.  Lifted one up I bought from Rakuten via Toys R Us.  2lb 5oz, a little light.  My other 75913s I have are 4lbs.  Well, I guess this is going back or getting exchanged.  I want to see if they'll open it in front of me when I take it back.  Why would anyone want to steal parts from this set?  The seals still look really tight.

I was putting away some 75913 - Ferrari Scuderia truck sets tonight.  Lifted one up I bought from Rakuten via Toys R Us.  2lb 5oz, a little light.  My other 75913s I have are 4lbs.  Well, I guess this is going back or getting exchanged.  I want to see if they'll open it in front of me when I take it back.  Why would anyone want to steal parts from this set?  The seals still look really tight.

That much weight, they probably took out the semi.
Maybe they're making a MOC of that end scene in that Fred Savage classic The Wizard.
  • Like 2

B&N not matching their website is because they have deliberate pricing differences between web and store. For example, you are not able to use your BN membership discount online, and if they were to allow a PM with BN.com you could effectively circumvent this.

Three complaints for the day from me, all EBay related:

1. Why does EBay think I am interested in heavy machinery? I get a promo mail once every two weeks advertising backhoes and Caterpillars.

2. Why does EBay have to pretend they are a retail outlet? They keep giving me "Score deals on these items" emails with prices that have no basis in reality ("Now 70% off", and then some ridiculous seller suggested discount whereas the MSRP is still way below the current promo price)

3. Why is it now the second time in two weeks that a n00b buyer purchases something from me, realizes they haven't updated their address in years, I refund and ask them to reorder, and I never get the reorder? Of course Paypal likes this because they get to keep their transaction fee every time I need to cancel. Don't think these are scammers because the address changes are not drastically different.

Edited by Phil B

Thank you Bricklink buyer, for filing a Non-Shipping Seller complaint against me, a full day *after* I've sent out your package (in a timely manner).  I really appreciate you checking the order and looking at the tracking information provided and contacting me to ask me what's up before you involved Bricklink (oh wait, you did NONE of that).

• Like 4

Just now, Alpinemaps said:

Thank you Bricklink buyer, for filing a Non-Shipping Seller complaint against me, a full day *after* I've sent out your package (in a timely manner).  I really appreciate you checking the order and looking at the tracking information provided and contacting me to ask me what's up before you involved Bricklink (oh wait, you did NONE of that).

Low feedback buyer?

Purchased a Hellicarrier on Ebay.  Described as mint.  Seller sent it in box with shopping bags as padding. Seller agreed to a small partial refund, then stalled.  Eventually, Ebay stepped in and refunded me the agreed amount.  I guess the shopping bags would bug me even more, if we here in California didn't start to charge for them.

• Like 1

Purchased a Hellicarrier on Ebay.  Described as mint.  Seller sent it in box with shopping bags as padding. Seller agreed to a small partial refund, then stalled.  Eventually, Ebay stepped in and refunded me the agreed amount.  I guess the shopping bags would bug me even more, if we here in California didn't start to charge for them.

Kmart uses plastic bags as shipping padding often lately, like packaging from other products they unpacked.

Maybe I can get a partial refund for them using shop floor sweepings.
;-)

2 hours ago, LegoBro said:

Plastic bags, plastic bubble wrap, what's the difference. None to me, I'm not saying I'm correct here but.....dang, if I use newspaper as padding, do I have to pay attention which pages am I using....before a woman (for example) asks for a partial refund because Trump on page one insulted women or something. Anyway, what was the reason for a partial refund again?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lordoflego said:

Plastic bags, plastic bubble wrap, what's the difference. None to me, I'm not saying I'm correct here but.....dang, if I use newspaper as padding, do I have to pay attention which pages am I using....before a woman (for example) asks for a partial refund because Trump on page one insulted women or something. Anyway, what was the reason for a partial refund again?

A 300+ dollar item and you'd package it with just plastic shopping bags from your local market?  Box came badly crushed on one corner and was messaged by seller before hand that box was mint. Arrived less than mint.  I wasn't expecting it to be perfect by the way, but was pretty badly damaged.

10 minutes ago, LegoBro said:

A 300+ dollar item and you'd package it with just plastic shopping bags from your local market?  Box came badly crushed on one corner and was messaged by seller before hand that box was mint. Arrived less than mint.  I wasn't expecting it to be perfect by the way, but was pretty badly damaged.

ok, so it arrived damaged, ok, understood. Now I agree ;) 

Just now, LegoBro said:

lol..no worries. Just saw my original post.  I should have added that :)  before I'm labeled the package nazi by ya'll lol

Yup, lol, that's what I thought, even though going green is important....shame to admit I'm not. But yeah, looked to me that because you didn't like the packaging, you asked for partial refund. I'd pack sets in concrete blocks myself if that was the only way to protect shipment. 

People who do not know how to turn into a multi-lane road. I've now twice been almost collided into because someone took a right turn from the curb lane and decided in all their wisdom to go straight for the left-most lane on the road they turned into (and I was either next to them in a separate turning lane, or coming from the opposite side).

Making Right and Left Turns

Right Turn:

• As you prepare to turn, reduce speed and stay as far to the right as possible. Begin the turn in the lane nearest to the right-hand curb and end the turn in the lane nearest the right-hand curb.
  • Give turn signal.
  • Yield to pedestrians who may be crossing your path. Scan for any bicyclist in your path.
  • Avoid making wide, sweeping turns in the other lane.

Left Turn:

• Turn on the left turn signal before you make the turn and slow down.
  • Look both ways and make sure that the oncoming lanes are clear.
  • Make the turn from the designated lane (use left lane).
  • Do not enter into the right lane. In some states it is illegal to enter the right lane after the turn is completed.
Turns diagram

Some states (e.g., Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas,Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Nevada, and North Carolina) prohibit entering the right lane when making the left turn.

Turn diagram California

Some states are less strict and allow drivers to complete a left turn into either lane of the cross street, e.g., California, Missouri,Texas. Consult your state's Drivers handbook for details.

• Like 1