Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

My most recent (and last. ever.) experience with TRU.

Tried ordering two Droid Troop transports during the flash sale on the 9th, used a GC and the rest on my Paypal. When I tried to check out I got an error code and it booted me back to the cart, where I tried to check out again, only to find out my GC had been drained. I was pretty confused but then realized what must have happened. Sure enough, my PP had been charged as well. They charged me $60 without even creating a order.

3 weeks later. More than 10 phone calls, a dozen emails that got no response, and two people hanging up on me when I was on hold for 40 minutes, I finally get a supervisor. She quickly add fixes the giftcard and coldly tells me that Paypal will release my money when they feel like it, and then to have a nice day. That's after I told her my entire story, including the absolute incompetence of her underlings, the people hanging up on me, and the fact that they held my money for almost a month. She didn't care that I had spent SIX F***ING HOURS of my life talking to the idiots (except for one lady who was an angel) they employ on the phone, plus however many more it took to write emails that they never responded too. 

It's not that I was screaming and yelling at them either, I treated each representative with respect and was calm through these interactions. Maybe it was that I obviously sounded young, I don't know. All I know is that 9/10 of the people I talked to didn't treat me as a customer. The first lady (who was awesome) did give me a code for $20 off, but the sale savings would have saved me $40+ on its own ($20 was the max she could give me according to her). Her higher ups refused to locate me the sets I actually "paid" for.

The final supervisor acted like she had resolved the issue (even though I'm still $10 out of pocket) and told me to have a nice day. I simply responded that they had lost a once loyal customer (my family has spent thousands over the past ten years at TRU) All she said after that was that she was sorry it had to be like that, and then goodbye. She then hung up.

Worst. Business. ever.

• Like 2

Ugh. This is why I avoid Paypal unless it really is the only reasonable option (mailing check or money order being horrifically unreasonable). When eBay allows me to use just my credit card, I do just that.

As far as the TRU GC being drained and not being replenished immediately, I have not experienced that. I have with other retailers, specifically LEGO SAH (I had to call to get them to manually release the hold on the funds). 

My most recent (and last. ever.) experience with TRU.
Tried ordering two Droid Troop transports during the flash sale on the 9th, used a GC and the rest on my Paypal. When I tried to check out I got an error code and it booted me back to the cart, where I tried to check out again, only to find out my GC had been drained. I was pretty confused but then realized what must have happened. Sure enough, my PP had been charged as well. They charged me $60 without even creating a order.
3 weeks later. More than 10 phone calls, a dozen emails that got no response, and two people hanging up on me when I was on hold for 40 minutes, I finally get a supervisor. She quickly add fixes the giftcard and coldly tells me that Paypal will release my money when they feel like it, and then to have a nice day. That's after I told her my entire story, including the absolute incompetence of her underlings, the people hanging up on me, and the fact that they held my money for almost a month. She didn't care that I had spent SIX F***ING HOURS of my life talking to the idiots (except for one lady who was an angel) they employ on the phone, plus however many more it took to write emails that they never responded too. 
It's not that I was screaming and yelling at them either, I treated each representative with respect and was calm through these interactions. Maybe it was that I obviously sounded young, I don't know. All I know is that 9/10 of the people I talked to didn't treat me as a customer. The first lady (who was awesome) did give me a code for $20 off, but the sale savings would have saved me $40+ on its own ($20 was the max she could give me according to her). Her higher ups refused to locate me the sets I actually "paid" for.
The final supervisor acted like she had resolved the issue (even though I'm still $10 out of pocket) and told me to have a nice day. I simply responded that they had lost a once loyal customer (my family has spent thousands over the past ten years at TRU) All she said after that was that she was sorry it had to be like that, and then goodbye. She then hung up.
Worst. Business. ever.

Wow, that's awful. Definitely not surprising though. Their online fulfillment and phone customer service has got to be some of the worst ever. That's why I will not order anything from TRU.com with a gift card or PayPal b/c, well you see what happens if there are any problems. I always use my credit card knowing I can easily dispute anything if I need to without having to deal directly with TRU's incompetent goons. Just not worth the hassle to me

LEGO Dimensions "download as you collect" feature means I spent hours activating and downloading all the new characters we got for Christmas. Since my kids only have local profiles on the PS4, I have to log in to my game, set up the downloads (by using and building each new character), and then they can play their game. Hopefully I will remember this for next time.

I thought the punch seals were better than the tape seals, but I guess you can't stop a determined thief.

I noticed that a local toy store now takes out the minifigures from the DK books and puts them behind the counter, because they keep getting stolen. Some people have no shame.

0fc64162b1d7d19ea9a6842a32bc1c14.jpg

Sadly my daughter bought this for her cousin. I would have caught it if I had not spent all day at the beach playing with the kids :) at least my niece believes that I would not gift her a half built half missing set.
No I have to go back to target and hope they believe me and return it

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

Straight up... I sat on the potty in a dodgy pub last night and the bowl tipped over when I lifted a cheek to make good use of the last 4 sheets on the roll - it went everywhere! Luckily my clothes got away with it. The back door next to the Gents came in very handy for a quick exit. I had to tell my mates this morning why I slipped home so early - LOL.

9 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Straight up... I sat on the potty in a dodgy pub last night and the bowl tipped over when I lifted a cheek to make good use of the last 4 sheets on the roll - it went everywhere! Luckily my clothes got away with it. The back door next to the Gents came in very handy for a quick exit. I had to tell my mates this morning why I slipped home so early - LOL.

Lol...

Reminds me of the time I went to a friends wedding and I got locked in a toilet room. The toilet room was only for one person, sort of like disabled toilets, after I finished my business and wanted to leave the lock on the toilet door jammed up and broke, so there was no way I could get out. Luckily there was a small window i noticed located at top of the toilet room. The window wasnt glass but some sort of persplex / plastic material, so after hitting it afew times it pushed out. Bad thing was the drop from the toilet window to outside was about 6 meters, so I carefully grabbed hold of the window edges and manoeuvred my way out and made the jump out, luckily i didnt get injured and made it back in time for the bride and groom walking down the aisle.