Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

3 hours ago, legodelorean said:

I'm assuming you were trying to buy U2 tickets?

I agree. We don't need two football teams here. I would have much preferred the Raiders though.....no offense. 1f60a.png

I grew up in LA, it is not a football town...Funny thing is the only NFL game I've ever been to was a Raiders game in 87ish...back when they were in LA. I give it 5 years before one, if not both the teams bail. And don't even get me started on public $$$ going to build stadiums...total bulls...

Edited by Migration
  • Like 2

A complaint about myself: Why is it that when I send in a "Best Offer" on EBay I get nervous when the seller hasn't responded yet after 3hrs? What experience made me into this immediate gratification person that can't wait a day or so?

I blame our email culture of course - back when I started working (late 90-ies) you had 24-48hrs to respond to messages. When I left corporate America the expectation had gone up to almost text-messaging speed - 1-2hrs turnaround. I guess that has conditioned my brain .......

Edited by Phil B
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Phil B said:

A complaint about myself: Why is it that when I send in a "Best Offer" on EBay I get nervous when the seller hasn't responded yet after 3hrs? What experience made me into this immediate gratification person that can't wait a day or so?

I blame our email culture of course - back when I started working (late 90-ies) you had 24-48hrs to respond to messages. When I left corporate America the expectation had gone up to almost text-messaging speed - 1-2hrs turnaround. I guess that has conditioned my brain .......

I get nervous too but not because of the instant gratification.  It's because I'm always worried someone else will just barely beat my offer, or if it's already a decent price worried someone will Buy it Now first.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Phil B said:

I hate when people don't bother responding.  Just say yes or no.  I hate when I get the "Offer Expired" notification, both on offers I place and counteroffers I send.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Sfcommando14 said:

I hate when people don't bother responding.  Just say yes or no.  I hate when I get the "Offer Expired" notification, both on offers I place and counteroffers I send.

I actually hate it even more when seller sends counteroffer that is only 1 cent less than their original BIN price. Just say no so we can move on with our lives :P 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

I actually hate it even more when seller sends counteroffer that is only 1 cent less than their original BIN price. Just say no so we can move on with our lives :P 

Or when they just decline (but no autodecline, those are immediate and you can recognize them quite easily). At least show your willingness to bargain, or don't put the "Or Best Offer" option up at all .....

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Or when they just decline (but no autodecline, those are immediate and you can recognize them quite easily). At least show your willingness to bargain, or don't put the "Or Best Offer" option up at all .....

But there is an "insulting offer" threshold.  I always assume the person wants to meet 1/2 way between their offer and my price.  If they bid so low that I wouldn't even consider that number, the person isn't serious about what I consider a reasonable price and just wants to see how desperate I am.  At that point, negotiating is a waste of my time and I'll just decline.

56 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

I guess it depends on what kind of person you are.  Would you rather be told to eff off, or be ignored?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sfcommando14 said:

But there is an "insulting offer" threshold.  I always assume the person wants to meet 1/2 way between their offer and my price.  If they bid so low that I wouldn't even consider that number, the person isn't serious about what I consider a reasonable price and just wants to see how desperate I am.  At that point, negotiating is a waste of my time and I'll just decline.

I guess it depends on what kind of person you are.  Would you rather be told to eff off, or be ignored?

What's a reasonable offer to you? Item is listed for $60, I went in with $40 to see if we could meet close to $50 (is LEGO item, seller sells more LEGO, so if (s)he is lurking here and thinks I might be their buyer feel free to PM me to work something out outside of mr. E. Bay). I don't think asking for 33% off is unreasonable as a starting bid on an item that has "Best Offer". Seller just declined without explanation.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sfcommando14 said:

When I was younger and had more time, I would troll the seller back by countering with 50% less than my original offer and go down from there :devil:  Seriously, it takes less time to hit the decline button than to click counteroffer and  then type 99.99 :P

However, nowadays there are superabundant sellers on eBay that I can afford to block the trolls :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darth_Raichu said:

When I was younger and had more time, I would troll the seller back by countering with 50% less than my original offer and go down from there :devil:  Seriously, it takes less time to hit the decline button than to click counteroffer and  then type 99.99 :P

However, nowadays there are superabundant sellers on eBay that I can afford to block the trolls :P

My favorites are the ones that lowball and then go off on me when I counteroffer at 10% or so off my bin. Instablock.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Migration said:

My favorites are the ones that lowball and then go off on me when I counteroffer at 10% or so off my bin. Instablock.

I'm so glad I sell more on Amazon FBA.  Customers are the worst.  Except the big resellers.  I'm playing games with Toy Mine on the Ghost right now.  I have two I wanted to QF, but they have 50+ and a repricer.  Just let me sell my two and be done with this!!!  And if one of you is Toy Mine, please just turn off your Ghost repricer for a couple days.  It will be better for both of us to stop dropping the price :)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sfcommando14 said:

I'm so glad I sell more on Amazon FBA.  Customers are the worst.  Except the big resellers.  I'm playing games with Toy Mine on the Ghost right now.  I have two I wanted to QF, but they have 50+ and a repricer.  Just let me sell my two and be done with this!!!  And if one of you is Toy Mine, please just turn off your Ghost repricer for a couple days.  It will be better for both of us to stop dropping the price :)

Repricers deserve a complaint thread all their own.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Phil B said:

Come to Spain. The last time someone replied to an e-mail or ebay message here was in 1996. The novelty sure wore off quick.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Migration said:

Getting off of offers (say that five times fast), but I enjoy leaving original price stickers on the box for the inevitable messages from angry people, "How could you sell this for more than the price sticker?! I can't believe you would do that! You should take off the price sticker before trying to sell it for twice as much!!" Lol. Welcome to capitalism, noobs. I never respond, I just enjoy getting these messages.

Edited by minicoopers11
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, minicoopers11 said:

Getting off of offers (say that five times fast), but I enjoy leaving original price stickers on the box for the inevitable messages from angry people, "How could you sell this for more than the price sticker?! I can't believe you would do that! You should take off the price sticker before trying to sell it for twice as much!!" Lol. Welcome to capitalism, noobs. I never respond, I just enjoy getting these messages.

Masochist. 

• Like 1