Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

Nothing like selling some stuff, then finding out all your profits and then some will be going to pay an 1800.00 repair bill for running over ice that came off of a damn truck. Destroyed a bunch of stuff under my car

Man I'm sorry to hear that. At least it fees worth it, to me. Two weeks ago, at a dead stop, my foot slipped off the brake pedal. Just the movement of the car at zero miles an hour cost my insurance $1800 to fix my car.

1 hour ago, KvHulk said:

Let's see...

Buyers that don't leave feedback...

Sellers that don't leave feedback...

Sellers that hold feedback hostage until you leave feedback for them first. <---The worst.

PS - Anything CHUMP related.

First of all, I am a "Leave feedback for buyer immediately" seller, so I don't follow the below, however, ideally the correct flow should be:

Seller offers product

Buyer agrees to buy product

Buyer pays for product

Seller packs and ships product

Buyer receives and inspects product

Buyer gives feedback on quality of item and shipping

Seller gives feedback on overall selling experience.

This allows a buyer to flag a seller as fraudulent, and a seller to do the same with the buyer. Of course the seller could abuse this because the buyer already left (immutable) feedback, but I would figure a call to EBay would sort that out (unless you're complaining about BL).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KvHulk said:

Let's see...

Buyers that don't leave feedback...

Sellers that don't leave feedback...

Sellers that hold feedback hostage until you leave feedback for them first. <---The worst.

PS - Anything CHUMP related.

If you sell a lot of identical items on ebay, it can be a hassle to give feedback to everyone. Has this guy paid yet? Oh wait, this one cancelled the order... etc. etc. It's much easier to just wait until you receive (positive) feedback and then give your own feedback. At least you are sure that the order is complete then.

I have found the BL feedback system to be much better. In one compact list you can see the exact status of each order and see if you've given/received feedback. Once an order is all finished up you just file it. Clean and simple.

Untitled.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil B said:

Paypal allowing customers to enter ship-to addresses which, when you try to ship to it, cause Paypal to say "Invalid address". It's as if they are trying to force you to get out of Seller Protection.

This drives me bonkers.  It usually pops up on an international address that is too many characters for the given field and I have to figure out the best way to truncate it so it doesn't get returned as undeliverable.  I don't understand why they don't cross check this in the first place.

1 minute ago, zskid00 said:

This drives me bonkers.  It usually pops up on an international address that is too many characters for the given field and I have to figure out the best way to truncate it so it doesn't get returned as undeliverable.  I don't understand why they don't cross check this in the first place.

Luckily mine was on a BrickLink order (and not for something bought on EBay) so I just modified the address to move the extra characters into the Address line. Alternatively I could have left the part off and just scribble the extra characters on the label - not sure if that's not causing problems at the USPS though.

17 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

This is a simple fix.  Paypal only need to put the same max characters limit on the address box for buyer's side just like on seller's side  

3 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

This is a simple fix.  Paypal only need to put the same max characters limit on the address box for buyer's side just like on seller's side  

Absolutely. Just as the whole "dimensional shipping" fiasco is a simple fix as well (come-on Paypal, it is (LxWxH)/166, you can calculate that for us when we try to purchase shipping). It's just not anything they feel compelled to do something about (unless all of us complain strongly enough and they have to compensate us for differences in shipping or if a court deems them liable for Seller Protection even if an address gets changed due to this error).

4 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Absolutely. Just as the whole "dimensional shipping" fiasco is a simple fix as well (come-on Paypal, it is (LxWxH)/166, you can calculate that for us when we try to purchase shipping). It's just not anything they feel compelled to do something about (unless all of us complain strongly enough and they have to compensate us for differences in shipping or if a court deems them liable for Seller Protection even if an address gets changed due to this error).

They are too busy changing their UI to make it harder for customers to withdraw money

• Like 1

Staples shipped me some damaged boxes.  They sometimes bind these too tight, causing gashes in a couple of the outer boxes.  I don't mind one damaged box, but I'll call to complain if several are unusable.  

Last time I called they just gave me a credit.  This time the oversees lady processed an exchange before giving me the option to just keep them.  Now I'm stuck returning two bundles to UPS without the original shipping wrap they came in.  The UPS stores is going to love this.

I would rather lose the $5 in boxes than deal with this exchange nonsense so I called them back.  Now they can't cancel the exchange order.  Great job, Staples.