Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

TRU. I know to expect their idiocy but come on.

Price adjustment to the price on your website should not invalidate your BOGO 40%.

If I were partaking in this sale I would do the purchase online for in store pick up.

You might also have some luck if you call in to customer service and complain about that - they might throw you a bone.

I assume they wouldnt do the match and BOGO
I was hoping for this and TRUTH

I assumed they wouldn't, and prepped the kids, but decided to try it anyway. I know others have had success getting a price adjustment (not price match) in the past.

If I were partaking in this sale I would do the purchase online for in store pick up.

You might also have some luck if you call in to customer service and complain about that - they might throw you a bone.

Yeah, it was a last second thought to pick it up. If I had been thinking I would have.

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 1:55 PM, MinifigW said:

If you want some good old anti-reseller saltiness. Check out this video, and don't forget to read the comments.

Whilst what I'm going to say might be rich coming from a member of BP, I do agree with some of what he says.

There are lots of people on here who go out their way to post pictures buying hundreds of sets / stating how much profit they made from a sale etc. Most of these people are just looking for validation from others or for brownie points. Sure what there doing isn't illegal / wrong etc it's all fair game. But there is a thing of having class and not being a jerk about it. 

I also feel that when this forum was originally made by @Ed Mack & @Jeff Mack, they wanted it to be about finding out how much the old set that you bought 10 years ago was worth, never directly about promoting reselling. What this site unfortunately is now is a bragging contest and who can spend the most stockpiling a certain set / bending the rules or messing around with coupons or other questionable moral practices to save a couple of dollars / not really a bunch of collectors talking about how much an old set is worth but 99% resellers discussing what's the next 10179.

I think you need to be kidding yourself if you watch the video and can't see the other sides viewpoints. Reselling unfortunately turns most people to screw up their priorities in life and only care about money, I'm guilty of this aswell unfortunately.

• Like 3

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 1:55 PM, MinifigW said:

If you want some good old anti-reseller saltiness. Check out this video, and don't forget to read the comments.

I always make sure to check for disagreeable youtube videos before I buy anything from any particular ebay or bricklink seller! lol

Edit: +100 points for family guy reference

Edit edit: He's STILL whining about resellers? I get it. I do. But FIVE minutes left?!

I think they guy did a great job with his video.

25 minutes ago, Mhd747 said:

What this site unfortunately is now is a bragging contest and who can spend the most stockpiling a certain set / bending the rules or messing around with coupons or other questionable moral practices to save a couple of dollars / not really a bunch of collectors talking about how much an old set is worth but 99% resellers discussing what's the next 10179.

I don't agree with this statement at all.

Yes, there are resellers out there who do questionable things in the pursuit of a few bucks. That being said, the vast majority of us are honest, honorable folks who are simply doing this for the joy of working with Lego. I personally always share deals with other people when I can, including telling the mom/ dad in the Lego isle that that set is in fact on clearance/ sale and if she/ he/ they want any. I get comments about that from the people I assist, and helping them save money is almost as satisfying as making some online. I know from experience that others do the same thing. While he has SOME valid points, the vast majority of the video is taking clips out of context and whining that he can't get every set he wants. The best part is that he participates regularly in clearance sale hunting, just look at his bricklink store and you can clearly see his blatant hypocrisy. Labeling every reseller as "scummy" or "evil" is incredibly ignorant.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

The kid made a decent YouTube video.  I also happen to agree with much of what he said.  

It for sure isn't a bad video. Parodying the infamous "content cop" series was a good move. I personally disagree with about half of his points, but it does put a spotlight on some of the more serious issues plaguing the Lego reselling community. 

10 minutes ago, MinifigW said:

I personally disagree with about half of his points, but it does put a spotlight on some of the more serious issues plaguing the Lego reselling community. 

I dunno. He pretty much nailed the resellers who act like piggies I've seen in the toy dept.  

On the flip side, bricklink element / piece resellers need to get inventory somewhere.  Personally, I would just buy in bulk online to save gas.  

Then again, my regional retail stores never have Lego at 50%-75% off. Never. I would need to move to Alabama, Arkansas, etc... where I know people find great clearance deals. 

• Like 3

Just now, jbacunn said:

I like this kid even if I don't agree with everything he said. Those guys that make those videos are being a-holes. We have all arm swept some clearance items before but you don't have to be a gloating **** about it.

That is true. Some of these folks genuinely are pieces of ****. Many of them (like AFOL man, who really shouldn't have been included) are small fry who just got lucky a few times.

My main criticism is that without Bricklink, these kids wouldn't be able to build their clone bases without spending a fortune. I think its ludicrous to boycott every Bricklinker who ever picked up a camera and shot a haul. He is basically saying that reselling for Bricklink is shameful and something to do in private. 

• Like 1

I dunno. He pretty much nailed the resellers who act like piggies I've seen in the toy dept.  
On the flip side, bricklink element / piece resellers need to get inventory somewhere.  Personally, I would just buy in bulk online to save gas.  
Then again, my regional retail stores never have Lego at 50%-75% off. Never. I would need to move to Alabama, Arkansas, etc... where I know people find great clearance deals. 

Well that's because bricks on the dollar is close by to you. Haha

A complaint and a word of warning (although I might just have been very unlucky): I had a listing on EBay (Good Till Cancelled) which had attracted 25 watchers over the last 2 months. Got a message from a buyer in Mexico asking about shipping costs about a month ago, which was funny because I use the GSP. Turned out that no matter what I did, the GSP option did not hold on my listing. Ah well, so I added calculated international shipping. Then last week, a buyer from Texas contacts me saying he wants to buy, but the listing is not letting him place the order because it claims I don't ship to him.

Several calls to EBay later, it turns out the listing is completely foobar. It tells everyone I don't ship, even if I go in as guest with my own address. Didn't want to cancel the listing because it was part of a max $10 FVF offer, but finally had to (Ebay claims they will honor this offer on my new listing so I hope that's all going to work out). Tried following the CS rep's advice and did a "Sell Similar" on the closed listing, which ended up with the same issue. Then did a completely new "Sell an item" listing, but with same listing title, and it again prepopulated shipping options and when the listing got published, it had the same issue. The only way I got the listing up was by doing a "Sell Similar" on a completely different item, and then modifying every field to match my old listing. That worked.

Very frustrating.

• Like 1