Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

• 2 weeks later...

Had a n00b buyer on BO requesting a quote for shipping to Greece. Before providing an official quote, I sent her a message giving two options: with or without box, because this was a $20 set and shipping with box would have been ~$25 on top of the cost of the set, but without box I could ship for ~$15.

Didn't hear back for 2 days, so decided to just push out the quote for the expensive option.

Next day she responds to my message saying she wants the full box experience and she wants to place the order. I explain she needs to accept the quote and complete the sale in BO. In the meanwhile she asks when this will be delivered, to which I give a "roughly 1-2 weeks" estimate.

Another day passes, she responds asking "when are you shipping this and when will it be delivered to me?"

I reply with a lengthy email explaining to her step by step how she needs to go back to her cart in my store, look up the quote under shipping methods, complete the purchase and pay through PayPal.

Silence.

Two days later "Sorry, but I want to cancel this order". *Sigh*. Luckily she never placed an order in the first place, but what a hassle ......

• Like 2

Went out to eat on Friday and came home to find that the dog had torn up a box and spread it all over the yard.  This isn't really a new thing, she has gotten boxes out of the trash before.  There was a bunch of yellow cardboard, which I couldn't think where that came from, until I got closer and realized that it was a Wall-E set I had ordered from AWD.  She didn't stop at the outer shipping box, she proceeded to open the actual Wall-E box and then start opening the bags and spreading the pieces across the yard.  In addition to that, she opened a separate box for another AWD order, a Micro Fighter Ghost and spread those pieces across the yard too.  These were delivered when we were out and this was the first time she decided to open UPS packages.

I was going to flip the Wall-E, but had to build it to see if I had found all the pieces.  It ended up being all there, so now I'm displaying a Wall-E until I decide to sell it.  The Ghost was all there too.  Surprisingly, I didn't come across any damaged pieces on either set.

• Like 4

Went out to eat on Friday and came home to find that the dog had torn up a box and spread it all over the yard.  This isn't really a new thing, she has gotten boxes out of the trash before.  There was a bunch of yellow cardboard, which I couldn't think where that came from, until I got closer and realized that it was a Wall-E set I had ordered from AWD.  She didn't stop at the outer shipping box, she proceeded to open the actual Wall-E box and then start opening the bags and spreading the pieces across the yard.  In addition to that, she opened a separate box for another AWD order, a Micro Fighter Ghost and spread those pieces across the yard too.  These were delivered when we were out and this was the first time she decided to open UPS packages.
I was going to flip the Wall-E, but had to build it to see if I had found all the pieces.  It ended up being all there, so now I'm displaying a Wall-E until I decide to sell it.  The Ghost was all there too.  Surprisingly, I didn't come across any damaged pieces on either set.

Speaking of Ghost, somewhere Ghost Dad is reveling in these K-9 transgressions.
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I see it!

Sherwin Williams Spring Sale 40% off - Offer valid from April 21-24

Weird.  It's there for me now.

Yeah, don't let the wife know.  Or my wife know.  Because I'll be spending the new few weekends painting instead of doing the 10,000 other things on "the list."

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, MinifigW said:

Get ready to laugh at me folks.

Shipped x2 Bricklink orders.

x1 Lewa $25 shipped (before price jumped. Now repriced my last one at $34)

x1 Merlok's Library $29 shipped

Get an email from the person with the Merlok stating that she received a Bionicle set instead, I assumed that I somehow switched the labels on the two similarly sized packages and immediately contacted the other buyer, thinking he would receive a Merlok Library. End result, sent return labels and shipped out a replacement Lewa to the buyer, for a total of $27 in shipping, plus refunded the person who ordered the Merlok because a replacement wouldn't arrive in time ($29). After talking to both buyers and resolving the issue to their satisfaction (both got CMFs, the lady who ordered the Merlok got $5.00 in store credit and a typed apology letter in the mail. Other guy was so thankful that I shipped his replacement PM so it would get to him in time for his sons birthday party he proclaimed I "earned a customer for life". I was pissed, as my stupid mistake cost me $60, but moved on.

Today I received the return packages in the mail, and noticed something interesting. The Bionicle came back from the person who ORDERED the Bionicle, and I got a Merlok from the person who ORDERED the Merlok. What happened? I shipped the Merlok inside of a Mask Maker vs. Skull Grinder set as it was the perfect size, wrapped in bubble wrap and brown paper to make sure it would stay secure. The lady I shipped it too didn't open the package all of the way to see the "open here" marking and the clearly resealed portion of the box, and legitimately assumed I sent her the wrong set. The other person, on my instructions, didn't open his package and simply shipped it back when he got the return label, even though he had it in his hands the whole time. In hindsight I should have asked him to open and confirm, and this whole mess could have been avoided. 

What did I learn? Don't ship in re-wrapped Lego boxes, no matter how obvious you make it.

Let the ridiculing commence!  1f643.png

I think it was a great story and appreciate that you shared it. Most people would never share a mishap like that, heck most people are afraid to even share their stores (which I honestly never really got).  Anyhow, it was a tough lesson but a good one.  

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Paying close to RRP .... grrr. Saw a 42052 Heavy Lift Heli at Target last week marked $91.40 (likely an online return). Passed on it because I really didn't see what I was going to do with it. Fast forward to today - of course ultimately all other present ideas for my son's birthday tomorrow have not panned out, and this would make a great gift. Didn't remember which Target had the lonely copy I saw earlier, so ended up driving to the 4 closest ones - no luck. Ended up PMing Amazon ($128, 9% off) at TRU an hour before closing. Hope to make the price a little better by using some GCs (either Raise or an EBay sale) - manager confirmed I can just come back with the receipt and they will rering the purchase. Still, bad planning by this reseller ...

Why is 41077 Pegasus Sleigh still available from Amazon?  Wave 2 Elves will be completely done before this set disappears.  Also, why can't I resist buying this thing?  I have 10 now.  My buy-in is under $15 after today, but this set is just frustrating.  Between this and 41105 Pop Star Show Stage (also still available from Amazon), I might build the largest show stage ever with an audience of elves and pegasi.  Stay tuned.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Sfcommando14 said:

Why is 41077 Pegasus Sleigh still available from Amazon?  Wave 2 Elves will be completely done before this set disappears.  Also, why can't I resist buying this thing?  I have 10 now.  My buy-in is under $15 after today, but this set is just frustrating.  Between this and 41105 Pop Star Show Stage (also still available from Amazon), I might build the largest show stage ever with an audience of elves and pegasi.  Stay tuned.

You and me, buddy ....

5910021cefe0c_Screenshotfrom2017-05-0801-28-42.png.8311a38f4fe0eeee73aa62d310fc9d8f.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Missing out on TRU sales due to back to back to back meetings this morning :drag: and not being able to go to the stores due to more meetings this afternoon :drag:

I was actually out of bed earlier, thinking I would get to work earlier today. Saw the sale, fired up the laptop, next thing I know I'm leaving the house a few minutes late.  I haven't had time to get out and shop this week either.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Whoever thought it was fun to park 5x41058 FBA at $145 when the going price was heading towards $175. Of course Chowren's autopricer has matched them.... *sigh*

Welcome to the wonderful world of undercutters, autopricers, and slim margins 

• Like 2