Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

18 hours ago, Phil B said:

Whoever thought it was fun to park 5x41058 FBA at $145 when the going price was heading towards $175. Of course Chowren's autopricer has matched them.... *sigh*

There's three of them now, all seasoned sellers (1000+ feedback), doing a little dance bringing this set slowly back to RRP. Current BB price is $140. *DEEP SIGH*

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 1:46 PM, Phil B said:

There's three of them now, all seasoned sellers (1000+ feedback), doing a little dance bringing this set slowly back to RRP. Current BB price is $140. *DEEP SIGH*

They are doing the same with the Mystery Machine, with a couple of the usual suspects bringing the price back into the low $50s.

On 5/17/2017 at 2:46 PM, Phil B said:

It dipped to $137 this early PM, but now the battle is over. Back to $170. Order restored.

• Like 3

Getting hit in the lower leg on a throw to home while paying catcher in a softball game, suffering an injury (hematoma), learning you will be out for at least a month and on crutches for at least two weeks, having your kids play with your crutches and leaving them far away from you and then realizing you are afraid to play the game again that you like so much. :(  

Time to build a LEGO set for some needed therapy… :)

Edited by LegoWalker4
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, LegoWalker4 said:

Getting hit in the lower leg on a throw to home while paying catcher in a softball game, suffering an injury (hematoma), learning you will be out for at least a month and on crutches for at least two weeks, having your kids play with your crutches and leaving them far away from you and then realizing you are afraid to play the game again that you like so much. :(  

if you love it you will back just give it some time. once you miss it , you won't be able to wait  to come back.  I sustained a serious leg injury playing soccer 16 years ago ( dislocated ankle, torn tendons , 3 inches of my fibula were pulverized ), i had to undergo 3 surgeries and was out for 7 months, but the day the doc said i was a go, i was playing that night.

feel better soon :) 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, LegoWalker4 said:

As Bold Arrow said, if you love the game you'll be back. I've been out of basketball for the last 9 months (torn ACL) and was really wondering if I would have the motivation to play again once I was healthy. Low and behold I got cleared a few weeks ago and am back to it.

It'll go by quickly, some Lego therapy will most definitely help as well :)

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

if you love it you will back just give it some time. once you miss it , you won't be able to wait  to come back.  I sustained a serious leg injury playing soccer 16 years ago ( dislocated ankle, torn tendons , 3 inches of my fibula were pulverized ), i had to undergo 3 surgeries and was out for 7 months, but the day the doc said i was a go, i was playing that night.

feel better soon :) 

Thanks for sharing your story and for your encouragement.  My competitive spirit and fire will likely come back.

Softball can be brutal. If we are listing injuries so you can feel a little better. I've done the following since being an older adult... (25 to 35 so I got a lot more to go through)

Torn rotator right shoulder.
Torn ac joint and other stuff left shoulder.
Popped hammy right leg.
Torn mcl right leg.
But no broken bones ever and hope to god never a acl or achilles. I've seen them happen
next to me and they snap when nothing is going on. It's so weird.

It all sorta heals. But I'm still playing sports. It's just painful sometimes but you get used to it. I should have had surgery but opted not to. For anyone else, take the surgery, especially on the shoulders. I'm going to regret that decision.

Get better soon though. Take the time to strengthen your upper body as it was something I did each time I got hurt (worked out the unhurt half). It just gave me something to do for exercise. Nothing over doing it but easy weights to not stress out too much.

• Like 4

I took my first season off in 21 playing 6v6  flag football this past winter. I'm 44 now and the glory days have past. Our core team has become 40 somethings. Running with the 20+ year olds was getting tough these past few years. I'm pretty sure I'll suit up again next season. I missed it terribly. Even all the aches and pains..

Found this awhile back from my rookie season. I could run like the wind and caught anything thrown my way. Now I'm the old fat guy looking for one last moment like Uncle Rico..

Raiders (2).JPG

• Like 4

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 4:06 PM, MarleyMoose said:
Found this awhile back from my rookie season. I could run like the wind and caught anything thrown my way. Now I'm the old fat guy looking for one last moment like Uncle Rico..

Please tell me your nickname was "boss" as a kid.

• Like 6

19 hours ago, MarleyMoose said:

I took my first season off in 21 playing 6v6  flag football this past winter. I'm 44 now and the glory days have past. Our core team has become 40 somethings. Running with the 20+ year olds was getting tough these past few years. I'm pretty sure I'll suit up again next season. I missed it terribly. Even all the aches and pains..

That's crazy to me.  I had to quit my Very Competitive Men's Soccer League because I couldn't walk for 2-3 days after a game and that was a year or so ago still in my mid 30's.  But same reason I decided to hang it up was due to having to play against college aged men that could run circles around me and I just couldn't fly as fast as them anymore without needed a long breather.  Slightly different sports with non-stop vs play by play, but overall still takes agility, stamina, and determination.  I miss it, but at the same time, enjoy walking and going up steps without pain and with a straight back vs bent.  Hell, just getting out of a chair would sometimes be very painful until I was able to get past a certain point with my back.  I literally had to start off crawling to loosen up sometimes.  

Best of luck coming out of retirement.  Jordan did it, I'm sure you can too. :) 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Migration said:

Please tell me your nickname was "boss" as a kid.

HaHa! No, but I was tortured as a youngster until I became bigger than most. Hogg is pronounced "Hoag" with a macron over the O but still to this day I get Hog a lot.

3 hours ago, LegoMan1212 said:

That's crazy to me.  I had to quit my Very Competitive Men's Soccer League because I couldn't walk for 2-3 days after a game and that was a year or so ago still in my mid 30's.  But same reason I decided to hang it up was due to having to play against college aged men that could run circles around me and I just couldn't fly as fast as them anymore without needed a long breather.  Slightly different sports with non-stop vs play by play, but overall still takes agility, stamina, and determination.  I miss it, but at the same time, enjoy walking and going up steps without pain and with a straight back vs bent.  Hell, just getting out of a chair would sometimes be very painful until I was able to get past a certain point with my back.  I literally had to start off crawling to loosen up sometimes.  

Best of luck coming out of retirement.  Jordan did it, I'm sure you can too. :) 

Mondays were bad but Tuesdays were the worst. My plantar fasciitis would have me crawling out of bed until I could stretch it all out.

Now for another complaint. Today I had to have 2 fillings put in a wisdom tooth. I haven't had any in years but it cost me $897. What the hell? I may have to go back to inquire why so much. Last ones I got many years ago were about $100 each. The office has been upgraded with all new everything over the last few years. I'm guessing their overhead padded the cost.

• Like 1