Australian General LEGO Update

BrickPick3r

Welcome to the 21st century :)

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-amazon-com-australia-idUSKBN17M03G

SYDNEY (Reuters) - Global e-commerce juggernaut Amazon.com Inc on Thursday said it will open its online shopfront service in Australia, ending rumors about its plans and increasing the pressure on the domestic retail sector to catch up with the digital economy.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jomandybri said:

Have other people noticed a bump in sales post-Easter? I've moved 4 sets in as many days (I only have a handful of listings), where I'd be lucky to do that in 2-3 weeks typically.

Yep I have had a noticeable pickup in March and April. Credit card blues (bills) must be receding?

8 hours ago, Phil B said:

Interesting times ahead. Will have to read up on the Amazon threads in the coming months.

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Furious_george said:

Can anyone who lives near the LEGO store in Brisbane , tell me if the new r3m2 is in store and being given out?

I live in Brisbane,  but the Lego shop is at the Gold Coast....like 65-75km away. In fact I'm still yet to visit it.

5 hours ago, Furious_george said:

Can anyone who lives near the LEGO store in Brisbane , tell me if the new r3m2 is in store and being given out?

These exclusives will definitely make me go broke, :(. The R2D2 looks bigger and better though than this one.

15 hours ago, Furious_george said:

Not seen on Saturday. 

there is a facebook group called Dreamworld LEGO pick-a-brick which does post on what stock is available fairly regularly

• 2 weeks later...

Well still no noticeable movement in the number of Encounter on Jakku 75148 sets available at my local Big W.

I see it has disappeared from the Big W website, will have to watch out in store to see what the next discounted price will be.

Edited by whoisbiggles
poorly worded

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, whoisbiggles said:

Anyone else feeling underwhelmed by the current half yearly sales?

Yeh , local shop sales have been a little grim. Prices are reasonable, it's just the selection is a bit stale.

Regular eBay 15% deals been ok though.  Been buying the harder to find sets at pretty good discount, as the eBay codes work on worldwide purchases. Biggest gamble is, will my set survive a month in the mail?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...