Minifigures - The Complete List

TheOrcKing

Below you will find a compiled listing for every Series of Minifigures under the year they were released. Each series title links to WhiteFang of Eurobricks very thoroughly detailed reviews while the character names with their respective box ratio beside them go to a Bricker page. You can also find your way to each series' thread poll by clicking on the nearby Poll link (if available).

Series 1-8 used a standard size box capable of containing 60 minifigures. For Series 9, Lego started using a smaller box holding half that amount causing the ratio to be drastically altered and more concrete than prior ratios. However, they seem to have gone back to using the older size 60s with a "3-4-5" formula over the "2-4-6" one.

Since 2011, it has become standard practice for Lego to release three new series' a year totaling up to 48 minifigures. Their release dates are as follows:

1st Series - January

2nd Series - May

3rd Series - September

Each series is typically discontinued roughly 3-4 months after hitting the market making their availability very brief.

To coincide with the Minifigures Online MMO, each character from Series 12 onwards has a special code to unlock it in the game printed on the included pamphlet. Unfortunately the digits printed and chance to unlock the character are both completely random making any process to catalogue such information rather difficult if not impossible.

SERIES 1 (Color: Dark Yellow) Poll

SERIES 2 (Color: Deep Blue) Poll

SERIES 3 (Color: Lime Green) Poll

SERIES 4 (Color: Orange) PollSERIES 5 (Color: Light Blue) Poll

SERIES 6 (Color: White) Poll

SERIES 7 (Color: Red) PollSERIES 8 (Color: Black) Poll

SERIES 9 (Color: Metallic Silver) Poll

SERIES 10 (Color: Metallic Gold) PollSERIES 11 (Color: Jade Green) Poll

THE LEGO MOVIE (Color: Dark Blue) Poll

THE SIMPSONS: SERIES 1 (Color: Sky Blue) PollSERIES 12 (Color: Yellow) Poll
  • Like 2

This list is sweet!

Many thanks! I spent a few hours organizing this in a way that I hoped would be easy to use by anyone.

I've always wanted to collect them all, but it would probably be so hard going back and getting all of the earlier sets, maybe I will some day though.

Certain ones are becoming more rare than others (like the Nurse or Skater from Series 1), and you can pay quite a bit for just one minifigure. But there are a few sellers on BrickLink that have 'superlots', where they will sell a complete series of MINIFIGURES. Heck, there are sellers that sell sealed retailers boxes that contain 60 minifigures from a series! Pretty good chance of getting ALL the figures that way, then you can sell what you don't want!

Or you could just order a couple every now & then from various sellers until you do finally get everyone.

There are plenty of eBay sellers that sell complete collections as well. If you're kinda strapped for cash, it may be best to work your way from the current series backwards, since the newer figures are still fairly cheap.

How often is a new series released?

LEGO releases two series of MINIFIGURES every year now. So you can expect to see Series 9 early next year around March-April, and Series 10 sometime around August-September. Pretty much the same as it was this year.

This equates to 32 MINIFIGURES every year!

Man, I can hardly wait to see what they come up with next year!

Many thanks! I spent a few hours organizing this in a way that I hoped would be easy to use by anyone.

I've always wanted to collect them all, but it would probably be so hard going back and getting all of the earlier sets, maybe I will some day though.

Certain ones are becoming more rare than others (like the Nurse or Skater from Series 1), and you can pay quite a bit for just one minifigure. But there are a few sellers on BrickLink that have 'superlots', where they will sell a complete series of MINIFIGURES. Heck, there are sellers that sell sealed retailers boxes that contain 60 minifigures from a series! Pretty good chance of getting ALL the figures that way, then you can sell what you don't want!

Or you could just order a couple every now & then from various sellers until you do finally get everyone.

There are plenty of eBay sellers that sell complete collections as well. If you're kinda strapped for cash, it may be best to work your way from the current series backwards, since the newer figures are still fairly cheap.

How often is a new series released?

LEGO releases two series of MINIFIGURES every year now. So you can expect to see Series 9 early next year around March-April, and Series 10 sometime around August-September. Pretty much the same as it was this year.

Thanks for all the help and info, maybe sometime before the year is over I'll start collecting some of these, as I said before I've been putting it off too long. Lego has really done a great job with the detail of these collectible minifigs, makes you wonder what else they will come up with in the future. I can't wait to see!

Thanks for all the help and info, maybe sometime before the year is over I'll start collected some of these, as I said before I've been putting it off too long. Lego has really done a great job with the detail of these collectible minifigs, makes you wonder what else they will come up with in the future. I can't wait to see!

You're very welcome.

LEGO is getting pretty good with the overall design of their minifigures, and they just keep getting better!

I can hardly wait for the next Series of MINIFIGURES myself!

LEGO releases 3 series yearly, adding to 48 minifigs ;)!

And I am too on the "can't wait for the next series" train!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Okay, now it would seem that we are getting a total of three MINIFIGURES Series this year just as we did the last and the one before, which equals to a total of 48 characters a year! Atleast that puts the fear of the line being discontinued anytime soon down and out of our minds for the time being. Thankfully I was wrong on the "only two more series for next year" bit. (So glad I was wrong!)

I updated the list to reflect what is currently known for possible characters in each respective series.

I should note that the Series 9 list has been confirmed by LEGO.

And one of the characters from Series 10 will be an exclusive in the MINIFIGURES Character Encyclopedia.

• 3 months later...

It took me a while but I completely updated and upgraded the entire list of Minifigures. Every 'regular' series is now in the main post with a heading showing what year they were released under. I added a standard release and discontinue date scheme in the second post, and rearranged and modified the 'misc' items in the third. Also added in the Minifigures Character Dictionary with Toy Soldier in there since it is related. The Series 10 list is updated with the currently known names and listed in their correct order from the leaflet. Hope this helps!

I am new here but have been buying sets and minifigs for awhile now. I have a quick question. I have a line on all series 1-9 minifigs open and in display cases but can't figure out a fair price for this. Any ideas on what something like this should cost? Do you all think the value of these will increase in a meaningful way over time? Thanks for the help!!

It took a LONG time but I upgraded the main list even further. I added the general character box ratio beside each one and added links to WhiteFang of Eurobricks thorough review of each Series. (The name of the Series is the link itself.) With Series 9, I added the ratio for a box of 60 (first number) & 30 (second number) since you can (or could) buy either size. I think Series 10 will completely be nothing but the new 30's. (Don't quote me on that, I really don't know 100%. More like 80% sure.)

It looks something like this.

Waiter - 2/1

Alternatively, I can change it to look like this if you find it less confusing.

Waiter - 2/60 or 1/30

I don't know about you, but I'm pooped.

I will be adding links throughout besides each Series number to their respective "Pick you favorite" Poll since I can't have ALL of them as a sticky note and there's no point to. I've added ones for Series 1 and Series 9, and I'll do the same to the other Series' as time goes by. The Series 9, 10 , and 11 threads will stay around the top of the Minifigures category until next year when we have word of Series 12, 13, & 14.

I'll start the next "Pick your favorite" Poll for Series 2 shortly.

So Lego does plan to produce the Collectible Minifigure Series past Series 10? Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I had always thought they were stopping at 10? By the way thank you so much for all of your work organizing all the CM's with their photos, etc. It makes it much easier for members to look at everything quickly so they can check off what they have, as well as look for which minifigs they still need. Great work as always TOK!

So Lego does plan to produce the Collectible Minifigure Series past Series 10? Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I had always thought they were stopping at 10? By the way thank you so much for all of your work organizing all the CM's with their photos, etc. It makes it much easier for members to look at everything quickly so they can check off what they have, as well as look for which minifigs they still need. Great work as always TOK!

I can't remember where I read it but I think series 11 is supposed to be out around September of this year.

Looks like TLG is going with a 5-6 month cycle. I'm not sure how I feel about that...

On the one hand, it's great to have new minifigs coming out all the time, but then again I need to find them all before the next round!

So Lego does plan to produce the Collectible Minifigure Series past Series 10? Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I had always thought they were stopping at 10?

No no, it's not a dumb question at all. I have nothing concrete about the line going past 10 but very shortly after I had found the what was then just a rumor list for Series 10, the same source of the Series 10 list had one for Series 11. Considering how legitimate Series 9 & 10 became which helped to confirm the reliability of the source, I would say we are definately getting a Series 11! (Hopefully Lego won't go and stop the line just to make me look like a douchebag. Ugh....)

By the way thank you so much for all of your work organizing all the CM's with their photos, etc. It makes it much easier for members to look at everything quickly so they can check off what they have, as well as look for which minifigs they still need. Great work as always TOK!

Thank you, Rich. It has taken a while but I think the list is pretty much where it needs to be and the results are well worth it, and updating the list down the road won't be much of a problem.

I can't remember where I read it but I think series 11 is supposed to be out around September of this year.

Looks like TLG is going with a 5-6 month cycle. I'm not sure how I feel about that...

The first & second year of the Minifigures line was really haphazard, but the last and this year looks like Lego got its game together. They're releasing three series a year with each one every four months starting on the first day of the year. Despite that, their availability is still pretty limited.

On the one hand, it's great to have new minifigs coming out all the time, but then again I need to find them all before the next round!

I hear that! Especially with these lastest ones, there are just so many I want extras of!

I have added links in the main post beside each of the Series' to their respective "Pick your favorite" Polls. That includes Series 1-9 and the UK exclusive Olympic Team GB. As time goes by and each new Series becomes available, I'll start a new thread poll for those. Til then, this list is pretty much complete.

• 2 weeks later...

I just added links related for Series 10 to each character's set page and Whitefang of Eurobricks' review. Also added in the box ratio besides each minifigure which feels a little off from prior ones but the more I think about it does work. (The only two I managed to predict correctly was Trendsetter with a 2 out of 60 ratio and Baseball Fielder with a 6 out of 60.)

• 1 month later...