9469 - Gandalf Arrives

Tom J

I think this set has very little appeal.

Then why are there so many brickset members that own this set? I think many people are drawn to this happy opening LOTR scene. It's cheap and yet an iconic small set. Only thing is that it is cheap and plentiful, so price appreciation will be slower.

Not a great set overall, the least appealing/desired one of LOTR thus far I`d say. Only bought one for my personal collection, and won`t touch anymore (Can`t buy for less than $10 here anyway, at least I can`t).  That should tell you how well it will likely do once EOL, which I believe it already is in most places. 

I think you guys are a bit bearish on this set. It JUST stopped being Avail on Lego.com THIS MONTH (In the US). People have shown they are willing to pay $30 for some of these small sets post retirement. I have no doubt this will end up at $30 by the end of 2014. If you have a chance to get it for under $10, I think you're in good shape.

Even @ say $20 once you take out fees, shipping, gas, time, packing materials, etc... i dont see any room for profit, atleast not much more than $1-2 per set maybe. Focus on sets that will be in high demand and hard to find with minifigs that are unique to the set. I would def pass on this set unless you were getting them under $7.

Why is it everytime this set has been brought up nobody can remember the exclusive Frodo Baggins wearing a sand green shirt? He is only available in this set and the limited Frodo's Cooking Corner polybag. Yeah, I know we're up to our stomachs in Gandalf minifigures but there is at least one decent part of the set aside from some of the 'not-easy-to-come-by' stuff stuck in the back of the wagon.

Why is it everytime this set has been brought up nobody can remember the exclusive Frodo Baggins wearing a sand green shirt? He is only available in this set and the limited Frodo's Cooking Corner polybag. Yeah, I know we're up to our stomachs in Gandalf minifigures but there is at least one decent part of the set aside from some of the 'not-easy-to-come-by' stuff stuck in the back of the wagon.

Ha! Didn`t even realize this.  :blink: Thanks for point it out. Here I am thinking something very different all this time. Lesson learned: pay more attention to the contents!

Guest TabbyBoy

Even @ say $20 once you take out fees, shipping, gas, time, packing materials, etc... i dont see any room for profit, atleast not much more than $1-2 per set maybe. Focus on sets that will be in high demand and hard to find with minifigs that are unique to the set. I would def pass on this set unless you were getting them under $7.

If I buy an amount of smaller sets online in the UK,.shipping is free, no gas (petrol) and packaging is often free as it's recycled.  I have a job lot of small boxes and bubble-wrap that is perfect for smaller sets.  If I can make say,

I think you guys are a bit bearish on this set. It JUST stopped being Avail on Lego.com THIS MONTH (In the US). People have shown they are willing to pay $30 for some of these small sets post retirement. I have no doubt this will end up at $30 by the end of 2014. If you have a chance to get it for under $10, I think you're in good shape.

I agree, this set's only just gone EOL. Investing is supposed to be over the medium-long term, ie 5 years. Whilst this won't be a "star" set to get rich upon, it may hit the

Guest TabbyBoy

I agree, this set's only just gone EOL. Investing is supposed to be over the medium-long term, ie 5 years. Whilst this won't be a "star" set to get rich upon, it may hit the

Guest TabbyBoy

Ahh.... yes... well, my looking consists of wandering up the toy isle of my local supermarkets as and when I do my shopping just to see if anything interesting is there. :)

I last bought this from ASDA - Newcastle for