9469 - Gandalf Arrives

Tom J

I got most of mine at $9. And would have bought every single one at $7. There is no way this doesn't end up between 30-$35.

I agree, but it may take a while. In other words it will behave normally , unlike the FB which has doubled over night.

But these are much easier to store :)

Man....I only grabbed one of these for $9, didn't want to be "that guy" and take all of the clearance ones off the shelf for myself.  But apparently being "that guy" is the most profitable way to do it.  The guilty feeling lingers in me way too much for this business haha

Good man right here...

Man....I only grabbed one of these for $9, didn't want to be "that guy" and take all of the clearance ones off the shelf for myself.  But apparently being "that guy" is the most profitable way to do it.  The guilty feeling lingers in me way too much for this business haha

"Sucker!" said "that guy" who picked them all up as you left the aisle :devil:

Got mine for $4 at Target, selling for $20, only 1 left.  This will never be a great set unless you got in really low.  There's nothing exclusive to it and the only thing it has going for it is it is an entry set for somebody that doesn't want to spend a ton but wants LotR. 

Man, I passed on 50 of these at $7 each.

Ouch!  But in all honesty, what do you know at the time? You make the best call with what you know in the moment. Haha, every hates doing that so don`t fret over it  :thumbsup: When was it if you don`t mind me asking?

Managed to get around 11 of them for $5 each from Walmart (Canada) a few months back. Was skeptical at first, but it's looking good!

At $5, wow, that`s excellent. I was only able to grab a couple for $10 around summer last year at walmart, but anyone who did buy in south of that is doing far better! 

There's nothing exclusive to it

*sigh* Well at least no one can say I didn't try.... :resent:

Gandulf is available in a few other sets so that's no big whoop; however, this minifigure of Frodo is unique to the set and "Frodo with cooking corner" polybag. Some of the stuff stuck in the back of Gandulf's wagon is not easily accessible (book, carrot, snake, envelope, backpack).

Gandalf Arrives has a Frodo Baggins minifigure that is exclusive to that set and Frodo with Cooking Corner polybag. Plus the stuff in the back of Gandalf's wagon are not easy to come by especially in one set.

Consider this, Gandalf Arrives is from the LotR theme and An Unexpected Gathering is from The Hobbit theme, yet you need both to complete the scene from The Fellowship of the Rings! Plus unless you are planning on buying the very rare Frodo with Cooking Corner polybag, you have to buy Gandalf Arrives for that particular Frodo minifigure. That one is not available in any other set.

I'm just going to qoute myself from another conversation cause I seriously can't keep doing this.

Gandalf Arrives features a Frodo Baggins minifigure which is exclusive to this set and the Frodo with Cooking Corner polybag. Plus the stuff in the back of Gandalf's wagon are not easy to come by especially in one set.

gure_1.jpg

My idea of an exclusive anything tends to be if it is available in one item. Sometimes I can stretch that limit to two like how the Frodo minifigure from Gandalf Arrives is only included in that set and a polybag, Frodo's Cooking Corner. While the set was easily purchasable, the polybag was not.