Where's smaug?

My son's and I sat down this last weekend to watch the 1st hobbit movie again in preparation for the new movie.  Got me thinking about how strange it is that there is no official LEGO recreation of the Chief antagonist in any of the new Hobbit sets.  My son (5) saw the dragon in 70403 and assumed this was Smaug.  This set is now at the top of his Christmas list.

Does anyone know if LEGO has plans to release a set or figure of Smaug?  If not, should I be stocking up on 70403 considering with the target coupon and redcard this can be picked up for about 27 bucks before tax.  Looks like the dragon alone is going for a pretty good price on Ebay.

Anyone else picking these up?

My son's and I sat down this last weekend to watch the 1st hobbit movie again in preparation for the new movie.  Got me thinking about how strange it is that there is no official LEGO recreation of the Chief antagonist in any of the new Hobbit sets.

Does anyone know if LEGO has plans to release a set or figure of Smaug?

I would figure or at least hope Lego comes through in the final wave for The Hobbit. An equal sized question would be whether Smaug will be brick built or just a variant of the dragon in the current Castle sets?

My son (5) saw the dragon in 70403 and assumed this was Smaug.  This set is now at the top of his Christmas list.

Aside from the good discount going on that set, I wonder if perhaps in a way this is one reason why it has sold out on Amazon once already?

Anyone else picking these up?

I feel as though out of all the Castle 2013 sets the Dragon Mountain and King's Castle could do well. The dragon is a great figure for anyone and the castle features a good amount for the price but I certainly wouldn't touch either one at retail. The current sales going on are reasonable in my opinion.

I woke up next to Smaug this morning!  She's not the same without make-up. ;-)

Or mouthwash. :P

My guess is once the movie is released and you have "officially" seen Smaug - then you'll get the Lego set to go with it.  A UCS Smaug to go with the Tower of Orthanc would be amazing.

I think LEGO chose not to make Smaug set this year to not spoil the looks of Smaug before movie.... I think its as simple as that....

Seems reasonable enough. Nobody likes spoilers. :P