Advertise Your eBay or Amazon Store

Thanks anyway but, I'll pass if you don't mind as I don't want the "God of Billund" to know who I am. ;-)

What do you think Lego can't contact ebay to find out the information. My wife used to do direct sales for a jewelry company. That company had a team of people that would help them find advisors selling their jewelry on ebay so that they could be banned from the company.  If they want to find out, they will.

As a matter of fact now that I am thinking of it, one year I went to a conference with my wife and was watching the CEO's presentation, they had reps from eBay there for their advisors to talk to.  There was always an uproar that women can go on ebay and buy the same jewelry for 1/4 of the price, so how do you compete. 

Guest TabbyBoy

Of course but, I only mentioned purchasing sets from LEGO Shop at Home and not selling them......... yet.  However, the time will come to sell probably at a time when I have a long break from buying and off the radar.  It depends on how they define volume resellers as I'm only flipping a few sets currently that I've bought cheap at other retailers.  Even though it's not rocket science for LEGO to find out who I am on eBay (some BP members already do and I won't lie if asked via PM by an admin), I just don't want to make it easier for them than it already is.  I'd like to add that I don't spend

We are only offering this eBay signature store promotion idea until Jeff finishes the Classifieds.  Some will take advantage, some will not.  What I can assure you is that Jeff and I will not rat people out when the Brick Classifieds are active.  We know who butters our bread.

What do you think Lego can't contact ebay to find out the information. My wife used to do direct sales for a jewelry company. That company had a team of people that would help them find advisors selling their jewelry on ebay so that they could be banned from the company. If they want to find out, they will.

As a matter of fact now that I am thinking of it, one year I went to a conference with my wife and was watching the CEO's presentation, they had reps from eBay there for their advisors to talk to. There was always an uproar that women can go on ebay and buy the same jewelry for 1/4 of the price, so how do you compete.

I like this casual drop of a real world story of how easy it would be to find resellers and why a company would care what happens on the secondary market. I'm going to guess that TLG has deeper pockets than this jewelry company. But I'm sure plenty will still argue that TLG can't find out, it's too expensive find out, they don't really care, etc.

I'm sorry.  I certainly didn't mention the link stuff yesterday to make people scared to participate here.  As Jeff already pointed out, they already know who we are if they want to know.    (Heck they can tell if you are *** now just by analyzing your facebook profile and activity, LEGO certainly knows who is buying their stuff.)

Resellers buying from resellers.  It's an interesting thought.

I think if you have read in past threads about Brick Classifieds, Ed and Jeff have mentioned that everyone on this site is NOT all about reselling.  They have stated that there are quite a few people that come here looking for deals.  They have over 20,000 members, I am sure all of them are not resellers.

• Like 3

I'm sorry.  I certainly didn't mention the link stuff yesterday to make people scared to participate here.  As Jeff already pointed out, they already know who we are if they want to know.    (Heck they can tell if you are *** now just by analyzing your facebook profile and activity, LEGO certainly knows who is buying their stuff.)

We may have had a disagreement, but I honestly don't think you've done any harm. Anyone who thinks it through will realize the most effective way for Lego to I.d. eBay resellers, if they really want to, is not to waste time playing with hit or miss links to eBay here, but instead to sign up for an inexpensive Terapeak account that would give them an list of every reseller on eBay and how much they sell.

• Like 1

Resellers buying from resellers.  It's an interesting thought.

There are more collectors on here than you think. I pretty much just use this site to find the deals that you guys post. :shrugs:

Plus I missed out on most of the 2000+ sets, so this site presents a good place to find people who hoarded the sets that I want to buy.

• Like 1

There are more collectors on here than you think. I pretty much just use this site to find the deals that you guys post. :shrugs:

Plus I missed out on most of the 2000+ sets, so this site presents a good place to find people who hoarded the sets that I want to buy.

To be quite honest, I think there are many, many more collectors than resellers on the site.  I think the main site draw is wanting to know what your LEGO sets are worth and how to find therm reasonably priced.  Some of the resellers on here are very vocal, so it gives the impression of an over abundance of people hoarding sets, but if you look at a lot of member's Brickfolios(insider info), the majority of people do not have mass multiples of the same sets.  

i agree with majority.  some investors (like me) do occasionally by sets from other investors for personal use.  i recently purchased an indy jones car chase set from a popular member here (hassle free transaation).  will i buy sets off other investors for my own investment?  not sure  / prob not.

it will be interesting to see others' ebay stores.   that is another good guide for pricing sets on ebay.