9462 - The Mummy

brickolodon

Guest eightbrick

I'm not really a big fan of this set. I passed on a bunch of beat -up copies for 7 bucks. It just doesn't seem that popular. Hopefully this EOL is true, I don't think anyone invested in the set can take any more hits.

Like Brian, I didn't really take a real look at this set as an investment. I might have picked some up to build, but at this point, I've exhausted my monthly fund and won't pick anythink up. 

One by one, we can expect MF sets to disappear from major retailers, excluding the HH... Then,  :money:

I bought about 25 of them on clearance for <$5 a piece.

however, I got scared when I saw so many of them still around. it will grow, but you are going to have to have a big inventory of them to make some money. They are just so cheap to begin with but shipping is around $2. As a polybag this would be great.

At $5 I had to sell them for $8 to make anything at all. So maybe they eventually hit $15 or so, but I just don't see it.

I sold all but one for $10 each to make about 50 bucks in a two month span. I was happy with that.

I am keeping 1 just in case they all explode and I have the only one ever.

I WILL CALL IT, THE HIGHLANDER

Guest eightbrick

I like it, how else are you going to build a glow-in-the-dark skeleton horse army?

Didn't they remove the glow in the dark pieces after a while?

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Found a mom and pop toy store with 5-6 of the mummy sets (with glow in the dark horse). They are still at retail $12.99, should I grab them all? Or still not worth retail?

I don't think it's worth buying all of them at retail, but it wouldn't hurt to grab a couple. If you can get some sort of discount that is greater than 25%, I would get all of them.

Guest TabbyBoy

I'm only offering mine as freebies when trick or treat time comes. There's no profit in these small sets so I just give them away to kids who are polite at Hallowe'en. Same goes for the Swamp Creature. One lucky kid will get the Vampire Hearse!