Is it time to cash out 4842 Hogwarts Castle and 4840 The Burrow?

boliramirez

I sold 6 castles---4 used and 2 new in the last 8 months. Still have 2 used. They are great sets...but sooner or later intrinsic value comes into play. The new in box castles are ~350 now. I am guessing that is the close to the ceiling. As a parent of a huge potter fan who gives his kid most everything....and can afford it easily....300 plus shipping is the most I would pay for a new in box set...before looking at used for 250 shipped.--which I think is the ceiling on used as well. I plan to list one more used soon, and keep a used for us.

I sold 6 castles---4 used and 2 new in the last 8 months. Still have 2 used. They are great sets...but sooner or later intrinsic value comes into play. The new in box castles are ~350 now. I am guessing that is the close to the ceiling. As a parent of a huge potter fan who gives his kid most everything....and can afford it easily....300 plus shipping is the most I would pay for a new in box set...before looking at used for 250 shipped.--which I think is the ceiling on used as well. I plan to list one more used soon, and keep a used for us.

Am I a fuddy duddy for not watching Harry Potter with my 5-year old?  I figured it was more geared towards late adolescent/early teens than early grade school kids?

Am I a fuddy duddy for not watching Harry Potter with my 5-year old?  I figured it was more geared towards late adolescent/early teens than early grade school kids?

If you really want to have fun with your kid watching movies, this would be my plan for the night:

7pm: Harry Potter (Any)

9pm: Fight Club

11pm: The Exorcist

1:00am: Any of the SAW movies, just so he can at least go to sleep with his head clear.

• Like 1

If you really want to have fun with your kid watching movies, this would be my plan for the night:

7pm: Harry Potter (Any)

9pm: Fight Club

11pm: The Exorcist

1:00am: Any of the SAW movies, just so he can at least go to sleep with his head clear.

...and I thought "Gremlins" was bad enough for any kid under 10.

The building toy license expired with Lego and Harry Potter never reissue it.  Unless there is a change of heart, it won't be back in a long time.  You should also wonder why Hasbro and Mattel didn't try to the license?!?!  The price will continue to go up until there's an announcement.  Maybe JK Rowling has so much gold coins in her swimming pool that she doesn't need anymore.  

• 1 month later...

The building toy license expired with Lego and Harry Potter never reissue it.  Unless there is a change of heart, it won't be back in a long time.  You should also wonder why Hasbro and Mattel didn't try to the license?!?!  The price will continue to go up until there's an announcement.  Maybe JK Rowling has so much gold coins in her swimming pool that she doesn't need anymore.  

There is a "voice": all the movies in 3D...I don't think will be new books (and then new movies)

The train and castle were available at some stores last Nov - Dec 2012. So it only had 1 full year of growth.

I would wait another yr at least on the castle.

Regrading the train... while I see the castle's appreciation eventually coming to a slow stop (this was a refresh), i do expect the train to continue growing, despite also being a refresh, the train appeals to non-Harry a Potter fans also. For example, It makes a good holiday train. While 4841 isn't accurate like the advanced train sets, it still had a following, I do own all of the train refreshes and admit, there isn't much diff between all 3. However, buyers usually flock to the last refresh and 4841 is no different, I'll sell my 4841s in 2 more years.